Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,848 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone...Well im looking to open a business in Jacksonville, FL and im looking for Heavy Industrial land about 5-10 acres. Im opening and Concrete Recycling yard and this will be my first business. Im 26 years old and im a native floridian. Has anyone had experience trying to find Heavy Industrial property? So far I havent had alot of luck...Im looking to be in the West portion of town being ive heard that is the biggest area with Heavy Industrial property...Any suggestions?
thanks
Nolan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,934,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight11 View Post
Hello everyone...Well im looking to open a business in Jacksonville, FL and im looking for Heavy Industrial land about 5-10 acres. Im opening and Concrete Recycling yard and this will be my first business. Im 26 years old and im a native floridian. Has anyone had experience trying to find Heavy Industrial property? So far I havent had alot of luck...Im looking to be in the West portion of town being ive heard that is the biggest area with Heavy Industrial property...Any suggestions?
thanks
Nolan

consider finding a good commercial realtor

Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 989,361 times
Congrats on your new venture Nolan.
At 26 years old, opening up such a substantial business is very ambitious and I hope it pays greatly for you. I would wager, for a number of reasons, that Jax would be a great place for a concrete recycling operation. Not only is the real estate relatively inexpensive, but I would imagine you will have a lot of "product" to work with as well.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM

227 posts, read 966,881 times
What exactly is a concrete recycling yard. Are you breaking up concrete for reuse? Taking steel and other materials out of concrete for resale? It sounds pretty cool.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,848 times
Yah im very excited about and scared! I think Jacksonville will be a great market for one, its not overly saturated with other Concrete & Asphalt recyclers. There are 3 big boys but there is plenty of business to keep everyone busy. Rather than say a Tampa which has 7 guys there and 10 yards. What we do is offer a place for Demolition, Contractors and other businesses that deal with concrete and asphalt to dump their waste for alot of the times free, except asphalt and concrete with rebar. We crush the concrete to a specific size aggregate to be used in many different projects. It really cleans up the environment and really maximizes the use of concrete and other materials at the same time saving money to both the people getting it and the people needing it.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,333,293 times
I think you're on the right track with location - the Westside is where a lot of the heavy industrial is - Commonwealth, Beaver, etc.

APVBGuy is right, you need a good commercial realtor. Commercial leases are far more complicated than residential leases and a commercial realtor can hook you up with a good commercial real estate attorney, etc. to get you properly set up in your leases once you find a location.

Best of luck, sounds like a cool business .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville