Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 AM

219 posts, read 509,983 times

Advertisements

The most recent thread I could find on this was from 2010 and with the announcement of the iPhone 5 today I'm looking for more up-to-date information.

We currently have ATT... it stinks. Very poor coverage in our house, no coverage in Publix, my wife will drop her call in 3 places in the 7 mile drive from our home to her work. It's hit and miss in populous areas like downtown St Augustine.

The last time this question was brought up Verizon seemed to be the hands-down favorite. I'm personally a big fan of Sprint. T-Mobile is probably out of the question and obviously ATT is out as well.

So, who has the best coverage around here, specifically in Nocatee?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,503,582 times
I've personally found Verizon to be the best coverage nationwide. I also have ATT since they have my company's contract.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM

199 posts, read 468,618 times
I've had no problems with Verizon in Nocatee during my visit's there. Most of the area has 4g LTE coverage.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM

23 posts, read 99,850 times
Glad this was posted - had meant to myself! We are going to be building in Coastal Oaks and I've noticed my AT&T service drop in that area.

I do know they posted on twitter about three months ago that a second cell tower was going up (no idea if it is completed now or still in process). The first tower in the area is for TMobile Sprint and Verizon. They did not have information on what carriers would be in the new tower, not sure if anybody could get info on that now.

I'm probably going to just switch to Verizon.. I had them before the iPhone and always had good coverage.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:07 PM

64 posts, read 165,301 times
I've never noticed anything except full reception bars and we have AT&T. I'll double check this weekend in Publix just to make sure.

Are you sure its not your phone?

Last edited by slimsim; 09-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 PM

12 posts, read 30,435 times
We had to change from ATT to verizon due to the coverage. ATT hardly worked at all here. If you have to have ATT, you can get a box put in your home so you can get coverage there.

We love Verizon and they even have a cell tower in Nocatee. We haven't had any drop calls and never without service.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 AM

219 posts, read 509,983 times
Thanks for the feedback everyone! We are sure it's not our phones; same ones we've been using for years. In Publix we have maybe 2-3 bars at the entrance and by the checkouts/service counter/bakery but it drops off quickly as soon as you move in to the store.

We have an ATT microcell in our home. That's pretty much the only way our cell phones are usable. If you look at ATT's coverage map there is a big 'moderate coverage' splotch right about where our home is.

Looks like Verizon it is... with their shared data plans and free tethering I think we'll even come out a couple bucks ahead.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,052 times
We have At&T (iphones). I've never had calls dropped in or around Nocatee. My service is weak on the beach at Micker's. And non-exisit in Publix. Not just the one in Nocatee, but every Publix I have ever been in. I can't use my phone at all past the entrance of the either of the Julington Creek stores. I am convinced that Publix is doing something to block service.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,503,582 times
might be how the place is designed/built

Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM

22 posts, read 69,329 times
I have Verizon and haven't had any issues getting coverage in Publix, although I haven't tried the one in Nocatee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville