Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:06 PM

301 posts, read 1,062,077 times

Advertisements

We have used Julington creek animal walk a few times and it is a great place

JCAW Jacksonville | Pet veterinary and boarding services

I would recommend it to anyone. They have little rooms with outdoor set up for your dog with access to outside grass for potty breaks...so they are not just locked up in a cage. It's like a pet hotel, and we were very surprised that it wasnt much more expensive than regular boarding. You can choose activities you want your pet to be in, like taken for a walk, swimming, playtime, etc...

It's a great place and the people there are very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 05:46 AM

29 posts, read 111,699 times
A friend of mine used Coastal on Beach and Hodges and loved it . They also have the web cam and he recommended this place .

Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
I have kept pets at both Julington Creek Animal Hospital (they own the Animal Walk), and at Ark Animal Hospital, I also know both owners personally, and I think you'd be in great hands with either.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 AM

29 posts, read 125,144 times
Thanks to all for the advice. I eventually went with camp bow wow, mainly due to proximity to my home, and because they let the dogs play all day. My dog seemed happy when I picked him up and had lost some weight he needed to lose to. The staff seemd very professional. They also give a military discount.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
thanks for updating us moving

glad your "puppy" did well.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,011 times
Smile Julington Creek Animal Walk is Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbymetal View Post
We no longer have a dog (sadly, she's been gone since January 2006 at almost 15 years old). When we did, we initially boarded her at the vet - ONCE. Big mistake. Locked up in a tiny, pet-store-like cage, all dark and cramped. Who knows how often she was fed, walked, etc.? She looked like the saddest dog in the whole world when we picked her up.

Anyway, One of my wife's coworkers recommended Julington Creek Animal Walk. We took her there once or twice a year between 2003 and 2006 whenever we were out of town (maybe 6 or 8 times for 5-10 days each time). They have dog pens that are fairly roomy and open to the outside. Each dog is kept separately (unless you have more than one dog and request they be boarded together). They are walked daily. There are different "programs" you can sign up your dog or cat for if you are into all that. They bathe the dogs/cats before they go home. Depending on what you are used to, it may be bit pricey - around $25/ day. We were very happy with the service at Julington Creek Animal Walk.
Your dog isn't penned up the entire time. The runs are good sized, and they have someone there 24-7. We have 4 dogs! (I know, Yikes)..and spend thousands there. They are a fabulous facility run by religious veterinarians. Thus, you can assume they are kind. There is a pool, the techs walk 30 minutes each dog a day, there are other activities, they groom them when they leave, and give you a report card for every day they are there. You can also board in rooms where you can VIEW YOUR DOG via WEBCAM in their pen. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,486,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I asked a friend recently where she boards her dogs and along with Barking Lot she mentioned Pet Paradise (the location up at the airport).

Dog And Cat Boarding And Day Care - Jacksonville, Ormond Beach, Palm Coast, St. Augustine, Florida and New Orleans, Louisianna

As much as I love my vet, I won't board my dogs there because 1) no one is on site 24/7 and 2) there are no cameras.

I definitely want a place with cameras. Whether or not I check online while I'm away, just the idea that you can view your dog 24/7 online is a relief.

The last place we boarded did not give one of my dogs his vital medication along with a slew of other issues, so I'm looking for a new place too - let us know how it goes .
Amen to that! Nomatter how good your vet is, they are almost always not a good place to board your pet. They're just not set up right for that sorta thing & the accommodations are VERY meager. Its more like doggie jail than anything else. Not that they are mistreated, but Im SURE the animals hate every minute of it. Keeping our dogs in cages for days just isn't my cup of tea. Yes, I know they arent in the cages all the time, but its the simple fact of the matter.

Its more expensive, but go with the pet resort always.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Its more expensive, but go with the pet resort always.
Always the best for them, right? Even if it means we have to stay in a cheaper hotel !

Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,486,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Always the best for them, right? Even if it means we have to stay in a cheaper hotel !
LOL, pretty much. Either that or pay the big bucks to stay in the expensive ones & bring em along (usually the 3-4 star joints allow pets).

Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 AM

6 posts, read 25,460 times
Default Pet Paradise

I have also used Pet Paradise and recommend them. I would board my pets there again without a doubt. They really take great care of your pet and have on call vet service if your pet needs shots updated or any other type of vet care needs. They are a bit pricey, but you really get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville