U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-12-2007, 06:57 AM

17 posts, read 68,316 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone here who has built in Durbin Crossing North?? Looking into building w/ Toll Brothers but concerned about the CDD's. What do you all think of this area?? Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM

301 posts, read 683,249 times
Beautiful area... we just moved from Julington Creek Plantation to Texas

If we were to have stayed there, we would have had a bigger home built in Aberdeen or Durbin Crossing. Fantastic area with great St Johns Co schools.

Great choice.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM

15 posts, read 49,533 times
Default Durbincrossing north

Hi,

We are also looking for the house in durbin crossing(rayland homes),I heard they have great schools it is a nice area. I looked in st johns forest also. Are they any other communities( new house communities) in julingtoncreek plantation that i can look besides durbincrossing?Any one can Please suggest?

Thanks
Srilatha.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:51 PM

Aberdeen is right next to Durbin Crossing and right next to Julington Creek Plantation. The fees are a bit cheaper in Aberdeen than Durbin. (CDD and association dues)

I know Dr Horton is building in Aberdeen.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:12 PM

8,204 posts, read 23,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post

I know Dr Horton is building in Aberdeen.
This is the one in a big lawsuit with St. John's County though.....I'd look elsewhere.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 PM

3 posts, read 11,531 times
We are moving to Jax from Va. Beach and have been looking in that area for around 6 months.
D R Horton is in a lawsuit. They are only a portion of Aberdeen and consist of mostly multifamily units (upscale condos) There are several other areas of Aberdeen with other builders that are very nice. We are looking very hard at Aberdeen (Seaton Manor), and both builders inthere are awesome. We found that Durbin North was very nice and pricey. Durbin South is a much lower cost but the lots are smaller and the builder is more of not very flexable with any changes and you have to upgrade almost everything to get the home where you would want it. WE have also looked down by the World Golf Village and they are practically giving homes away, but you have to go in with your game face. It is a futher drive and seems to be less kid friendly, unless they wear golf spikes.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 PM

95 posts, read 285,500 times
Just beware of CDD fees. I live in a planned community with CDD fees. My cDD fees are 2154.00 and my property tax is 7200.00 and HOA 150.00. In addition, all these fees are subject to change by one swift vote. I cannot speak for all boards, but the CDD Board and the HOA Board seemed to have many conflicts not to memtion the conflicts with the property management company and unhappy homeowners. If I had it to do over again I would purchased in a established community with no CDD, no more planned communities for me.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
This is the one in a big lawsuit with St. John's County though.....I'd look elsewhere.
I just knew they were building there, wasnt aware of the lawsuit, but there are other builders. I wouldnt rule out a great area based on one builder, just go with another builder, there are others to choose from.

vpdianne-
as far as the CDD fees, I dont like them either, and they tend to have them in almost every newer community. I have heard of fees that high and its crazy. I know Durbins CDD fees are high around that amt, but Im not sure of Aberdeens, I have heard they are like 1000.00 or so.

...but if you want a new home in a neighborhood, your almost stuck...

Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 PM

8,204 posts, read 23,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
I just knew they were building there, wasnt aware of the lawsuit, but there are other builders. I wouldnt rule out a great area based on one builder, just go with another builder, there are others to choose from.

I was just trying to be helpful for the OP since he/she may not have been aware of the issues with Aberdeen. I happen to think that DR Horton bailing on projects (schools, roads, traffic lights) promised for the Aberdeen community will affect all in the community - no matter who built your individual home - but, hey, that's just my take on it .

Here's a page of online articles about some of the Aberdeen issues, the fourth one down titled: That's Not How They Drew It Up explains the lawsuit pretty well:

http://search.jacksonville.com/index...al&engine=Fast

Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 AM

17 posts, read 68,316 times
What do ya'll think of Worthington Park?? It is high on my list, Cornerstone Homes, and no CDD fees. The lots are 100 or 90 feet. The location seems good to me, any words?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville