Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:27 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,661 times

Advertisements

ft lauderdale's hispanic pop < 10%??? oh c'mon... i dont believe that... fla in general is like 20% now. and that excludes illegals...

i wasnt talking about the panhandle, as jax isnt located in nw fla, i was talking about big cities and it's suburbs. plus, i was saying let's keep a little bit of "old fla" around... meaning northern fla. so if n fla has very few hispanics, so be it.

i dont really know tampa all that well, but the crime is hoorendous there, just like miami or orlando. and it's way too hot and humid for me at night in the summer. trust me, it's different than the east coast of fla.

as far as orlando and miami and it's ............ problems...............if she wants third world, she can find it on miami and orlando

Old 10-18-2007, 02:55 PM

no, i wasnt calling the u.s. a 3rd world country by any means. i said (since apparently she wants to be around 3rd world ppl/environment) she could find it in numerous places, inc. miami and parts of orlando.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:58 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,895,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
no, i wasnt calling the u.s. a 3rd world country by any means. i said (since apparently she wants to be around 3rd world ppl/environment) she could find it in numerous places, inc. miami and parts of orlando.
What I was implying is that Puerto Ricans aren't "third world people".From what I hear from a very close friend down here, being on the island is a completely different attitude. The people on the island say that they ARE ruining Orlando from what I understand! They just pick up this attitude once they get to the mainland. She actually moved to PR and is supposed to show us around when we go there to visit.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

541 posts, read 2,285,731 times
I meant a third world economy....I don't like classifying people as third world.....certainly Puerto rico is very similar to the US....certainly not a third world territory. I love the "Isle of Enchantment," (the non-Americanized parts that is). I had a puerto rican girlfriend for a couple of years and went there to meet her family for a couple of weeks. I love the quenepas, pasteles, pinchos, and fresh coconut drinks!! Enjoy the visit Fort Lauderdale!! Rent a 4 wheel drive car and go to some of the isolated beaches....there is one shaped like a horseshoe that is so amazing!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:30 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,298 times
Default Who cares?

Nothing like the word "ethnic" or "hispanic" to get some people riled up. Who the heck cares anyway? With one or two exceptions we are all immigrants anyway. We gotta live together or else we should just pack up and move to Greenland. This Jacksonville sub-forum is usually very informational with not alot of ranting and personal venting. I wish we could keep it that way.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,895,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Nothing like the word "ethnic" or "hispanic" to get some people riled up. Who the heck cares anyway? With one or two exceptions we are all immigrants anyway. We gotta live together or else we should just pack up and move to Greenland. This Jacksonville sub-forum is usually very informational with not alot of ranting and personal venting. I wish we could keep it that way.
Seriously. I apologize for bringing this crap to this side of the forum, especially considering I don't even live in JAX.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:38 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Seriously. I apologize for bringing this crap to this side of the forum, especially considering I don't even live in JAX.
that's thw wisest comment made since you appeared here

Old 10-18-2007, 04:40 PM

i never said anything about an ethnic group and relating that to 3rd world living, i said that there are places where you can go to find that if you want to.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,101 times
I think we all need to calm down a bit.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville