Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,915 times

Advertisements

Thanks!

You have a supporter. I will pay my early termination fee (Excede, Wildblue) to get a 20, 50 or even a 105MB bandwidth. I have heard the number 1 obstacle is residents having to break contracts. Maybe some awareness on what it actually costs would be beneficial. For example Excede service is $15.00 per remaining month on the contract. If some one only has 6 months left its just 90 bucks.

I just think that folks need to be prepared to pay the fee if it becomes a number of subscriber issue due to outstanding commitments from residents to other providers.

I will keep a watch on this site.

Thanks

Hogie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,915 times
The neighbor said that an agreement was signed with Comcast. he wasn't 100% sure what this means for next steps. Does anyone know if this is accurate and what it means for next steps?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 PM

27 posts, read 60,731 times
Hello...Any update on the new high speed internet in king and bear? Looking at a couple houses in there and I can't really live without high speed at home due to my job...so might have to nix the neighborhood from our search unfortunately.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM

64 posts, read 163,828 times
Comcast is supposed to be starting in the neighborhood this month or next according to one of my contacts but I have yet to see any of their trucks in the neighborhood. I am currently using a tmobile mifi placed in my window and I get decent range with it throughout the whole house.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,324 times
Default King and Bear internet update

Greetings ~ We just leased a home through Davidson Mgmt Co. in King and Bear and before our move-in found out about the lack of decent bandwidth options in the subdivision. Since we rely on bandwidth to communicate with partners in China and india, this is a serious problem for us. I contacted King & Bear's management company and learned that Comcast is supposed to begin their infrastructure sometime next year. We tried to get out of our contract but the owner and management company would not let us out until the unit was rented and since they had a large deposit we are stuck. Renters / Buyers beware! If internet bandwidth is critical to your livelihood then choose another neighborhood!

Oh, and DirectTV requires a 2 year contract... since we are signing a 1 yr lease we may be without cable as well. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect bandwidth to be a problem in this area.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:17 PM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
Is this for all of World Golf Village or just the King and Bear subdivision?

Old 11-29-2013, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,324 times
My comments were related to King and Bear. I know that Comcast is in Heritage Landing which is down the street.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:24 PM

104 posts, read 122,525 times
It's also at The Legends

Old 01-22-2014, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,021 times
Comcast will be starting within the next couple of weeks (no real start date was given at the annual HOA meeting). They are starting in Bearsford and working there way back to Grovewood. Once they start, the install should take around 90 days or so.

Finally...

Old 04-19-2014, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 932 times
Default Any update on Internet in The King & The Bear - Grovewood

Hi
Does anyone know if any progress has been made with Comcast regarding high-speed internet?
Any insight would sure be appreciated.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville