Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
widening of Race Track is starting anyway
Is there a link to all the future plans for these major road improvements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 07:07 AM

410 posts, read 602,265 times
Traffic @ Old Saint Augustine and I-95 was an absolute joke today, just like I predicted. School is back in session folks, and if you are going through that area make sure you carve out an extra 20 minutes to get through there.

As Jacksonville experts, we owe it to potential residents to not sugar coat the traffic issues our city will face in the future as urban sprawl continues to run rampant.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
that's why I just float up San Jose.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:21 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants6 View Post
Traffic @ Old Saint Augustine and I-95 was an absolute joke today, just like I predicted. School is back in session folks, and if you are going through that area make sure you carve out an extra 20 minutes to get through there.

As Jacksonville experts, we owe it to potential residents to not sugar coat the traffic issues our city will face in the future as urban sprawl continues to run rampant.
It's to the point if you havent gotten in on the sprawl by now, you're overpaying. Prices are going up every 2 weeks, I've never seen so many houses being built at once...

Old 08-20-2013, 10:38 AM

232 posts, read 573,924 times
Quote:

What time did you drive there, out of curiosity?

6:40AM it was perfectly fine. Some days over the summer I tried it at various times throughout the morning. Up to 7:00AM was great, 7-7:15 got a little backed up (waited 3-5 min). Between 7:20-7:50, forget it, would sit there for 15-20 minutes. After 8:00AM it started to clear back up, probably around a 3-5 minute wait.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooba View Post
What time did you drive there, out of curiosity?

6:40AM it was perfectly fine. Some days over the summer I tried it at various times throughout the morning. Up to 7:00AM was great, 7-7:15 got a little backed up (waited 3-5 min). Between 7:20-7:50, forget it, would sit there for 15-20 minutes. After 8:00AM it started to clear back up, probably around a 3-5 minute wait.
It was late, about 8:15am and the traffic was backed up in all directions, especially coming up through Bartram Park. Didn't make onto I-95 until about 8:35. It's a joke that the only way you can save time is to cut through the TJ Flats/Publix/Kohl's parking lot (illegal), or go behind and cut through the Zaxby's (illegal). Of course the cops are no where to be found because they know their presence would f up the traffic even more. "Break the rules people!!! We don't care!!!"

During summertime most days it was ok, but now with school back in session from 7:15-8:45 its going to be a nightmare. More houses St. John's county now with kids whose parents wait for them to get on the bus drop them off at school and then head to work. And liked I mentioned earlier its a glorified Nascar race through Bartram Park until you have to slam on the breaks about a 1/2 mile south of Old St. Augustine. Guaranteed there's gonna be a couple of fatal accidents this school year as people go 65 mph through a residential community.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
It's to the point if you havent gotten in on the sprawl by now, you're overpaying. Prices are going up every 2 weeks, I've never seen so many houses being built at once...
Yep, people chasing rising prices and rising interest rates. Could be working towards the next bubble. Who knows.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
It was late, about 8:15am and the traffic was backed up in all directions, especially coming up through Bartram Park. Didn't make onto I-95 until about 8:35. It's a joke that the only way you can save time is to cut through the TJ Flats/Publix/Kohl's parking lot (illegal), or go behind and cut through the Zaxby's (illegal). Of course the cops are no where to be found because they know their presence would f up the traffic even more. "Break the rules people!!! We don't care!!!"

During summertime most days it was ok, but now with school back in session from 7:15-8:45 its going to be a nightmare. More houses St. John's county now with kids whose parents wait for them to get on the bus drop them off at school and then head to work. And liked I mentioned earlier its a glorified Nascar race through Bartram Park until you have to slam on the breaks about a 1/2 mile south of Old St. Augustine. Guaranteed there's gonna be a couple of fatal accidents this school year as people go 65 mph through a residential community.
I didn't realize it was that bad.

One thing I've noticed on the days I leave later is that it seems like the backup comes from people going across Old St Augustine past the 95 exit, either to Baptist South or even to US 1. Maybe once the first phase of 9B opens it will help alleviate some of that.

Have you ever tried cutting down 2209 to 210? I know it seems out of the way, but if you're waiting 20 minutes to get to 95 from OSA/BP it might make sense.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:06 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
This thread is hilarious considering all the bashing I've gotten by the Jax Commuting Traffic Deniers on the Jax forum. All of whom are mysteriously MIA on this particular thread.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:20 AM

I moved here from DC, so when I think of bad traffic, Jacksonville definitely isn't the first to come to mind. Granted there are some bad spots, but in general, traffic isn't a huge deal. Especially when you consider the number of miles vs. total time. Going 25 miles in 45min - 1 hour during rush hour really isn't that bad compared to a lot of places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville