U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 PM

336 posts, read 373,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants6 View Post
Trust me.

Bills
Titans
Raiders
Chargers
Chiefs
Bucs
Cardinals

The Jaguars will finish around 5-11 which means they will miss out on the top couple picks in the NFL draft.

Trust you? Why would anyone trust someone who admits to being a Giants fan?

And your list makes no sense, anyway.

Given that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers are all in the same division, it's going to be just about mathematically impossible for all three to end up worse than the Jags. (they do have math in New York, right? ) Can't happen, when they all have to play each other. Someone has to win.

The Raiders might be the only team that the jags could end up better then. They are in a similar situation as the Jags, with a new unproven QB, and in a division with three other teams that are clearly better then they are.

The Cards are a trendy pick to be one of the biggest surprises in the NFL this year. I agree. TRUST ME! Considering that they are playing in what is probably the toughest division in the NFL, they could still end up with a 5-11 record, yet be far, far better than a Jags team that ended up with the same 5-11 record.

Same for the Bucs. In a much tougher division, with the Falcons and Saints, but they clearly are better top to bottom, then the Jags.

No, it looks like another long year for the Jags, and that's assuming that we don't have any catastrophic injuries to MJD, Gabbert, Blackmon, etc.

Put us down as 4-12, if we remain largely injury free, and either 3-13 or 2-14, if we have injuries. We have zero depth to be able to overcome the loss of any key players. That's ok. I think Clowney would look pretty nice in teal and black.

Last edited by JaxBlueMan; 08-19-2013 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 07:15 AM

374 posts, read 423,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Trust you? Why would anyone trust someone who admits to being a Giants fan?

And your list makes no sense, anyway.

Given that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers are all in the same division, it's going to be just about mathematically impossible for all three to end up worse than the Jags. (they do have math in New York, right? ) Can't happen, when they all have to play each other. Someone has to win.

The Raiders might be the only team that the jags could end up better then. They are in a similar situation as the Jags, with a new unproven QB, and in a division with three other teams that are clearly better then they are.

The Cards are a trendy pick to be one of the biggest surprises in the NFL this year. I agree. TRUST ME! Considering that they are playing in what is probably the toughest division in the NFL, they could still end up with a 5-11 record, yet be far, far better than a Jags team that ended up with the same 5-11 record.

Same for the Bucs. In a much tougher division, with the Falcons and Saints, but they clearly are better top to bottom, then the Jags.

No, it looks like another long year for the Jags, and that's assuming that we don't have any catastrophic injuries to MJD, Gabbert, Blackmon, etc.

Put us down as 4-12, if we remain largely injury free, and either 3-13 or 2-14, if we have injuries. We have zero depth to be able to overcome the loss of any key players. That's ok. I think Clowney would look pretty nice in teal and black.
Haha, 'Giants' is definitely not in reference to the New York Giants. Actually I'm not a true fan of any NFL team. My rooting interest falls squarely on the team than I have money on from game to game.

Cardinals will be horrible.. (Carson Palmer?? Now that's funny). Tampa quit on their coach at the end of last year. Don't see why they would care this year. Oak/SD/KC, your right...somebody has to win, but that doesn't mean they are better than the Jags. I'll say SD and the Jags have 6-10 identical records, with KC and Oak below that.

Good luck this season. If you are looking for a local, PM me.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:37 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,304,971 times
It's still the preseason, doesn't mean much. But I never get my hopes up on the Jags, I wish they would be better but alas it just never happens. This is why I root for the Dolphins, at least they have a chance.

But I care more about the Gators. Colleges Football is better IMO

Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 AM

2,738 posts, read 4,576,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
It's still the preseason, doesn't mean much. But I never get my hopes up on the Jags, I wish they would be better but alas it just never happens. This is why I root for the Dolphins, at least they have a chance.

But I care more about the Gators. Colleges Football is better IMO
In the pros at least we know how much each player makes.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 PM

6,365 posts, read 4,469,422 times
I like when Robyn makes sports threads...I just do damn it!!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM

14,635 posts, read 17,006,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I like when Robyn makes sports threads...I just do damn it!!
Are you trying to "shine my shoes" - or maybe get a rep. Whatever - you succeeded (at least in terms of the latter).

Like I said - I don't care all that much about football. But the year after I first moved to Miami (I moved there in 1971) was the Dolphin's "perfect season". And the first 4 years after I moved here in 1995 - the Jaguars at least got into the playoffs. Since then - it's been pretty much <thumbs down>.

All things considered - I'd rather live in a place with a winning team than a losing team. Who wouldn't? And - if I'm doomed to live with a losing team - I don't want to read that they're the worst team in the NFL on one of my favorite business websites. Robyn

Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 PM

527 posts, read 1,230,722 times
LOL funny thread here, is it April 1st?

Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,626,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
LOL funny thread here, is it April 1st?
No it's late November 2013 and the Jags have clinched a playoff spot

Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,235,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
What other NFL teams would you rank the Jags ahead of?
I'm not gonna speculate. Every year several playoff caliber teams end up in the bottom 5 and occasionally a Super Bowl dark horse does as well. It's certainly possible the Jags end up as the worst team in the league, but the odds are very low. By definition that's just the way it is...no need to try and guess who will bring up the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
All things considered - I'd rather live in a place with a winning team than a losing team. Who wouldn't? And - if I'm doomed to live with a losing team - I don't want to read that they're the worst team in the NFL on one of my favorite business websites. Robyn
No need to worry about that. BTW, you can still google preseason power rankings for the 2000 season where quite a number of "experts" had Jacksonville as the best team in the league. Of course, that turned out to be a miserable season...the start of a miserable decade-and-a-half...

Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM

155 posts, read 259,591 times
Speaking of the Jags. I posted on the Jags website why would anyone get involved or a support team that will be playing at least 4 home games a year for the next four years and may be playing 4 away games as well for the same time frame and they tossed me off the website! They said I was a spammer! I think it was a real, sound question. I mean who cares, they have a foot out the door anyway. I asked it on the Times Union site and they blocked me as well. What gives with the censorship? Jags are London bound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville