U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 6,314,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Makes sense - I guess. But I'm 66 and Tom Clancy just died today and he was 66 too. So my sense of immortality is fading - fast <sigh>.

I honestly like watching football games in season with teams I can root for a little (even if they don't win a lot). If only so I can eat some fun junk food (chips and dips and wings and the like). But it's so painful to watch the Jaguars - I can't bear it.

Luckily - I'm a Gators Fan too. Doubt the team will do so swell with a 10th string QB this season - but it's fun watching the games.

So how many years do I have to live before I'd rather watch the Jaguars than off-season golf skins tournaments (and similar)? Robyn
I think skooba gave a pretty good take on how a lot of reasonable people see it. It's tough to say cause nothing is guaranteed in the NFL (especially as us Jags fans have learned) but I will say the Jags will need to be 'watchable' in two years otherwise I think we'll be getting a new GM and Coach. I suspect their timeline is three years to become a playoff threatening team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
How bad is it that Joeckel broke his ankle?

We were listening to "radio football" yesterday (on Sirius) and it sounded worse than the 9/11 attacks (I thought the radio reactions were more than a bit excessive in terms of the scheme of the things - but it sure sounded like it was the end of the season). Robyn
Sports radio, football very much included, is all about hyperbole. Everything is blown out of proportion. The injury really does suck a lot though. It sets him back almost a year in terms of development, and might even lower his overall potential as well. Who knows if he'll ever fully recover? Probably things will work out fine, but it still sucks. Best case scenario he becomes great but on a slightly slower timetable, worst case he never overcomes this injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
you limp through this season and then draft your franchise QB in the spring.
Meh...I agree with the sentiment just not sure there's a franchise QB worth the top pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I have never had any interest in the Tebow mania.................but I do know this and I would wager it, that Tebow would have been able to run the football into the end zone with multiple consecutive opportunities the Jags had during that comical take back field goal drive.

Enough said.......I am neither for him or against him as a Jaguar
I dont know, I haven't really noticed Tebow truck over NFL defenders much, especially in goal line situations. Certainly nothing like he did against college players when he was a beast among boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,513,411 times
Blackmon didnt look bad yesterday. Need a few more games like that from him.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:57 PM

705 posts, read 1,274,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Blackmon didnt look bad yesterday. Need a few more games like that from him.
I didn't see it, but apparently he had a monster game, 14 catches for 190 yards. A bright spot in another ugly year.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM

2,738 posts, read 4,595,858 times
I didn't see it either, I go to the Redzone channel nowadays

Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM

I hear ya. I discovered fantasy football this year. It allows you to maintain an interest in NFL without worrying too much about the home team.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:55 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,584,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
I hear ya. I discovered fantasy football this year. It allows you to maintain an interest in NFL without worrying too much about the home team.
Wow, welcome to 1992.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
Wow, welcome to 1992.
Hey thanks, but Fantasy Football didn't become available to the public until 1997. That said, yeah I'm late to the party. I thought it would be difficult & complicated, but it's really easy.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:39 PM

376 posts, read 427,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
Fantasy Football is for people who don't have the cajones to bet a side straight up.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM

376 posts, read 427,573 times
Jaguars 20 - Chargers 17.

Our boys get it done this weekend.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants6 View Post
Jaguars 20 - Chargers 17.

Our boys get it done this weekend.
Wanna bet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville