U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 01:31 PM

146 posts, read 176,517 times

Advertisements

I towed my boat to Julington Creek Marina yeterday so they could do some maintenance work on it, on the way there I passed a new Freshfield Farms location being built near the intersection of University Blvd and I-95 where the old Liberty Furniture used to be located. I went to the Freshfield Farms location in Orlando a couple of weeks ago to get some "salad stuff" for a friends BBQ outing and was very impressed with the selection and variety of their offerings. I am happy to see that this store is opening here soon, as I will frequent it whenever I need fresh veggies or quality meats.

Freshfields Farm | Ultimate Destination for the Finest Quality Freshest Meats and Produce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 08:06 PM

123 posts, read 246,247 times
That's awesome!! The Jax area needs more stores like that and more farmers markets in the summer.

Is there a pretty decent butcher section?

Old 10-13-2013, 08:35 PM

I didn't go in there specifically to buy meat, so I can't really say what the butcher section is like but my friend who was having the BBQ, got all of his meat products there (steaks, chicken and pork sausages) and they were really good with a nice taste and texture. The meat we had was better than Publix and just a bit better than Winn-Dixie meats.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM

3,530 posts, read 7,000,514 times
Very odd location (and aesthetic design).

Old 10-15-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
Very odd location (and aesthetic design).
Odd how? It seems very centrally located to 90% of the Southside area.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:02 PM

32 posts, read 56,587 times
Glad to hear this too. We are relocating to SJC in about six months from Denver. We have Sprouts, Whole Foods and several farmers markets here and was hoping to see the same in/around JAX. When I looked at the Publix ad online I was disappointed to see high prices (on sale no less) for produce - especially in FL. Maybe I have the wrong vision, but in CO where we have been ravaged with fires and floods, I find it hard to believe fruits and veggies are cheaper here than they will be in warm, sunny, well-watered FL!

Old 10-18-2013, 04:39 PM

3,530 posts, read 7,000,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderkinder View Post
Odd how? It seems very centrally located to 90% of the Southside area.
That area is pretty crappy. Looks like Disney opened a farm theme park in a declining stretch of strip mall.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
That area is pretty crappy. Looks like Disney opened a farm theme park in a declining stretch of strip mall.
Yeah! I guess you're right, about the only crappier area they could have opened up in would have been the Springfield area.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:10 PM

2,738 posts, read 4,602,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderkinder View Post
Yeah! I guess you're right, about the only crappier area they could have opened up in would have been the Springfield area.
shots fired

Old 01-27-2014, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,647 times
Quote:
Hi all. I work for Freshfields, so I was excited to find this conversation, and thought I'd provide some insight into how/why we decided on the location. We see a lot of potential for the area. As Wunderkinder pointed out, we liked that it's central to a diverse group of people.

We were also intentional about turning more than a quarter of the property into permeable landscape so that we could grow responsibly and sustainably. The University location gave us an opportunity to take an overly-developed, completely paved site and reclaim over 25% of it as green space.

One other benefit to putting a store in an underserved area was that the land price was more affordable than other options, which helps us hold down prices for our customers. As a small, family-owned company whose goal is to deliver value to people who cook, this was really important.

If any of you have made it to the store now that it's open, I'm curious to hear your thoughts. What do you like or dislike? What could we do better?

Thanks for any replies,
Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville