Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 AM

15 posts, read 22,628 times

Advertisements

We just moved here from IL. We are moving in our new home the end of the month. It looks like comcast can provide internet, cable, and phone in a package where we will be living in St Augustine. Any problems with comcast that I need to be aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,145,930 times
You'll see both positive and negative reviews when you solict for them, but it's really your only viable choice to provide all three services seamlessly. I've had the Triple Play package for 4 years, no issues at all.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:35 AM

232 posts, read 570,583 times
Do you need a landline? To me that is just a dated technology that has been replaced by cell phones.

I have comcast for internet only, and use DirecTV for TV. DirecTV's equipment is well ahead of Comcast, but Comcast's On-Demand selection is far superior to DTV. DTV does suffer the occasional outage during a storm, but if it's installed correctly, it really isn't a huge issue. The selling point for me on DTV is Sunday Ticket, as the broadcasts we get down here for NFL games is absolutely awful.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM

15 posts, read 22,628 times
We do not really watch TV other than the basic, usa, tnt, abc family, disney, and local channels. We did not have a landline in IL, but since being in a temp condo in FL, I have realized my cell phone does not work in doors. Also, when we drive to the subdivision we are moving into my cells ervice is lacking. I just wanted it in case schools or family need to get a hold of me in an emergency. It is also very frustrating to have to go outside to talk on my cell phone. We are also renting until our home in IL sells, so I did not want to have a dish installed if I could get reliable service with comcast. I am most concerned with the internet reliability. I use that for online schooling, so it HAS to be reliable. Thanks for the input!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM

117 posts, read 244,669 times
We have their 'triple play' as well and haven't had any issues to date either. From what I hear, Comcast is the only way to go with regard to internet service. Good luck in your new home!

Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 PM

9,273 posts, read 8,170,071 times
What subdivision are you moving into?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:09 PM

199 posts, read 466,000 times
I have a Comcast outside sales contact if you need one. He was able to get me better contract pricing than what is advertised on the web. If you have a new address and you are not in their system yet, he makes that process easier also.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:51 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,715,650 times
From what I understand with Triple Play, when one goes down all three go down at the same time.
The consensus around CD is that Directv has the better quality picture but when it rains heavily you may have some downtime. We have had our Directv service guy realign our dishes (we have 2) but to no avail. The one reason to maintain a land line is for an alarm system that is monitored.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:52 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,145,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
From what I understand with Triple Play, when one goes down all three go down at the same time.
The consensus around CD is that Directv has the better quality picture but when it rains heavily you may have some downtime.
False on both statements.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:57 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,715,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
False on both statements.
Well then make your case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville