Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in JAX View Post
I have to say that I love the weather here in Jacksonville. It never really gets hot, it never really gets cold, it's humid but not to humid. I think it's great all year round. If I need snow I just visit a snowy area for a few days. I really don't care for hot weather, but my wife loves it. So, we will just fly to a hot area once a year so she can get here fix. Other than that, it's great being in an area where your life isn't controlled by the weather.
wow, you didn't think aug. and sept was hot??
where do you go to find hotter places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,602 times
death valley?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:48 AM

227 posts, read 970,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
wow, you didn't think aug. and sept was hot??
where do you go to find hotter places?
No, I thought August and September were awesome here in Jacksonville. I've lived in areas where they tell you not to go outside because people are dropping dead. My wife has lived in places where you had to shovel snow to get out of your front door. We are both done with living in places like that. It's mild pleasant weather for both of us now.

This year we went to Palm Springs, CA during the summer. This may sound insane, but my wife loves to be outside when it's 110. I think it stinks.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
well I just mowed the lawn for what may be the last time for the year
Though with the warmer weather expected next week we shall see.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 AM

58 posts, read 51,707 times
when you live in orlando, or many other parts of fla, and you have seen this place change the way i have, you would be complaining to. ppl used to be much friendlier, drive better, and orlando used to be much safer, and houses used to be half what they are, etc... now it has changed in many parts of fla. ppl flock to this state and it has changed the quality of life for many of us. why do you think so many are moving to the carolinas or tn? b/c it resembles (minus the mtns) what fla used to be like. sounds nice doesnt it? sure does to me.

Moderator cut: edited; off-topic

thx.

Last edited by riveree; 12-01-2007 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: cannot demand whether posts will be edited or deleted

Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in JAX View Post
No, I thought August and September were awesome here in Jacksonville. I've lived in areas where they tell you not to go outside because people are dropping dead. My wife has lived in places where you had to shovel snow to get out of your front door. We are both done with living in places like that. It's mild pleasant weather for both of us now.

This year we went to Palm Springs, CA during the summer. This may sound insane, but my wife loves to be outside when it's 110. I think it stinks.
Yes, but 110 degrees is tolerable out there since there is zero humidity.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,188 times
I'm actually enjoying all the leaves changing colors while still wearing my tanktop and flip flops. Fall was always my favorite season, and you do get that here without the dread that winter is near! Can't beat it.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:44 AM

227 posts, read 970,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Yes, but 110 degrees is tolerable out there since there is zero humidity.
This is a very common misconception. ASHRAE studies human comfort at various levels of temperature and humidity. Their findings show that real discomfort doesn't come into play until relative humidity is over 90%. Temperature discomfort begins and about 85-degrees and goes up at a linear scale. A 100-degree day at 20% humidity is about the same level of discomfort as a 90-degree day with 90% humidity. A 110 degree day with low humidity blows the other scenarios out of the water. If you look at the City Data information, Jacksonville is rarely above 90-degrees in temperature and rarely above 90% humidity. I would dare to say that Jacksonville is almost never at 90% and 90-degrees. So, Jacksonville is rarely considered "uncomfortable".

No more technical stuff. I’m taking off the engineers hat and watching football all day.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:02 AM

58 posts, read 51,707 times
^^^ a little off topic, but in response to your football comment, go jags!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando'an View Post
when you live in orlando, or many other parts of fla, and you have seen this place change the way i have, you would be complaining to.

because you're miserable in Orlando, doesn't mean that we're miserable here in JAX. Isn't there an Orlando forum for all this whining?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville