Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 PM

8 posts, read 8,152 times

Advertisements

We live in fernandina beach. Me, my boyfriend, and our young daughter. Its nice and pretty and quiet, but I really miss living near the city where there is a bit more to do/more accessible specialty stores etc. My boyfriend is keeping his job here, he works on the island. So we want to stay fairly close. We were originally trying to find places by Riverside? I think thats the shopping center off I-95 and 17. But we cant afford much, were renting and were looking to pay no more than $750. We want a house, not an apartment, so we have more room and will be comfortable staying a couple of years. Obviously, its been tough looking for places. Especially because we dont know Jacksonville barely at all, beyond the times weve been there with specific destinations in mind. The houses weve looked at so far havent been in ideal neighborhoods, and I'm feeling a little lost as to where to look. We want to stay preferably 30 minutes within my boyfriends work, but up to 45 if everything else is right. Recently I've found some houses for rent around Riverview/32208. I wont be able to go look for a couple days, but was wondering if anyone could tell me how that area is?

And also if you know of any good areas around that price range, if thats possible?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 10:02 PM

375 posts, read 444,489 times
Riverview is a mixed race neighborhood with a mix of home owners who have lived there for decades and others who are renting. The farther north you go the better it will be. I would look in the area from Soutel and Lem Turner on around to the Trout River.

North of the river on Lem Turner is a an area known as Garden City. This will be another area similar to Riverview. it is in the 32218 zip code. You will find a mixture of houses and mobile homes to rent in this area.

East of Garden City is Highlands and it will stretch out Dunn Ave east to I95. It can get sketchy in that area... one block will be great the next not so good.

Oceanway is another area you can check in. I would do a search in the 32218 and 32226 zips for rentals in those areas.

Also in the 32208 areas check the Northshore Neighborhood, east of 95 at Tallulah Ave over to Main Street and Panama Park on the westside of Main at Trout River. stay away from the east side there as it is way sketchy.

And the mall you were referring to is River City Market Place.

Good luck in your search.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:16 PM

705 posts, read 1,575,185 times
If your boyfriend is willing to drive from Riverside, that's a great neighborhood with lot's going on and you could probably find something there for that or maybe a little more. I looked on craigslist and found a 2 bedroom for $750 and another for $845. Check there or drive around the neighborhood (look for signs).

Last edited by abvavgjoe; 01-08-2014 at 10:33 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 10:41 PM

8 posts, read 8,152 times
ok thats great thank you for the specifics ill check those zip codes. I did start looking in the Riverside neighborhood, I really love that area and found some good places. Some surrounding areas I found I was also wondering about-Avondale, Ortega, and Murray Hill. I have found several houses is Murray Hill for decent prices. I'm wondering specifically about chestnut at gilmore for one of them?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:04 PM

705 posts, read 1,575,185 times
Sorry, I reread your post and those rentals I was referring to were apartments. Also, Riverside is South of downtown between I-10/I-95 and the river, west to around Mcduff. Nearer the river is better.

I'd say Avondale and Ortega are probably out of your price range. Murray Hill is okay, but not as nice as Riverside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville