Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 12:22 PM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times

Advertisements

Is there any area in St Johns without CDD?

I am searching in Trulia in the area below and every house I viewed has a CDD tax rate code.

Estimate my Taxes Page (2013 Final Millage Rates)

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 02:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,498,609 times
Many of the newer communities with large amenity centers have CDD. Some of the older sections of Julington Creek Plantation do not have one, though.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:47 PM

31 posts, read 97,577 times
St Johns Forest, but they're going fast.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:06 PM

199 posts, read 468,646 times
Las Calinas is another I know of

Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 PM

13 posts, read 35,101 times
My neighborhood in St. Augustine - "Samara Lakes" has no CDD. Not sure but, I think "the meadows" (another neighborhood across the street from me) doesn't have them either.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:57 PM

64 posts, read 163,782 times
King and Bear is a beautiful gated community with no cdd fees

Old 02-08-2014, 08:42 AM

143 posts, read 314,703 times
Default No CDD Fees

For communities with new construction and no CDD fees, Mattamy and Richmond American are building in The Colony at Greenbriar and The Reserve at Greenbriar. Cimarrone, South Hampton and Worthington Park are established communities with no CDD fees. There are other smaller established communities off 210 that have no amenity centers and no CDD fees

Old 02-13-2014, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 16,083 times
I live in Walden Chase. Established neighborhood right "outside" Nocatee with no cdd Yearly fee for HOA is $460. Nice neighborhood.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 8,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Is there any area in St Johns without CDD?

I am searching in Trulia in the area below and every house I viewed has a CDD tax rate code.

Estimate my Taxes Page (2013 Final Millage Rates)

To name several (in St Johns County):

South Hampton, Mallard Landing, St Johns Forest (only some), Stonehurst Plantation, Johns Creek (only some), Oak Harbour, Greenridge, King and the Bear, Samara Lakes, Whitelock Farms, River Oaks Plantation, Las Calinas, The Colony @ Greenbriar, Cimarrone, Worthington Park, etc.

Also, Julington Creek Plantation only has a small CDD fee of LESS than $900 annually.

Were you referring to the whole county? Or just an area around CR210?

Some I mentioned are down in the World Golf Area. St Johns County actually covers many areas such as Ponte Vedra, St Johns (city), as well as St Augustine. Let me know if I can help. I am a realtor that also lives in St. Johns (city). Feel free to text/call me at 904-803-8505. It can get confusing if you aren't familiar with the area. South Hampton, for instance, is a golf community in the CR210 area, but is technically an address of St Augustine. Hope I helped and not further confused everyone.

Just to remind: CDD fees are paid on your tax bill. Many of the communities that have CDD fees have a very small HOA in exchange. Some as small as $50yr. HOA fees can rise through time. CDD fees are fixed until they are paid off. So, it is worth considering. Also, after 30ish years, the CDD fees will be paid in full. I mention this, because some have been paying already for 10 years+. AND, still others, have them paid in full by their builder when only a few lots are left in a community. That is why you see my (only some) next to a few of the neighborhoods mentioned. There are re-sales as well as new sales that may not have them in those communities, but the overall community had them assessed when first established.

NOTE: Some communities have what is called an O&M portion of fees as well. (Operations and Maintenance). This is more like an HOA, in that this portion can increase. Areas that have these fees are mostly Nocatee and River Town. Nocatee has an amenity center, however, like Disney World. So, those that live there, feel it is worth it. It is growing rapidly there.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:08 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
If you're talking about St. Johns County - there are a lot of places without CDDs. For example - all of Ponte Vedra Beach where I live (best I can recall). If you're talking about the "St. Johns" zip code in St. Johns County (32259 I think) - I'll leave it to people who know more about that area to tell you exactly what the situation is there. OTOH - just based on my driving in the area - there are many single family houses in small developments (or no developments) - in places like Fruit Cove for example - that aren't in CDDs.

I think your best bet is to get a good real estate broker to guide you around - even if you're just looking around casually at this point. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville