Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 PM

20 posts, read 41,373 times

Advertisements

My wife is originally Franklin Lakes. Suffern was chosen for proximity to Franklin Lakes and her family. I worked for City and could not live in NJ. I know of several people now who have settled in area from my line of work and similar .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 10:25 PM

22 posts, read 32,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
Spring Valley, Rockland, living in St. Augustine...
When did you make the move? Are you in one of the communities? How did it with out for you? OK... Enough questions, starting to sound like an interrogation!

Old 05-24-2014, 01:21 PM

I have come through here the last 12 yrs . Always loved to stop in area to visit, started thinking about living here 3 yrs ago . I have family in Ponte Vedra Beach just over 210 Bridge.
I have friends already here and some in process of coming down.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:39 PM

284 posts, read 378,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztones View Post
When did you make the move? Are you in one of the communities? How did it with out for you? OK... Enough questions, starting to sound like an interrogation!
Never moved back home after college. Miami for 3 years, Atlanta for 27, Miami again for 3 years, and now settled out in a plain-ole neighborhood (not community, no HOA, CCD, nothing) on St. Aug Beach since December. Couldn't be happier. Ride our bikes down A1A to the end of Palm Coast and back practically daily and love it.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:45 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Never moved back home after college. Miami for 3 years, Atlanta for 27, Miami again for 3 years, and now settled out in a plain-ole neighborhood (not community, no HOA, CCD, nothing) on St. Aug Beach since December. Couldn't be happier. Ride our bikes down A1A to the end of Palm Coast and back practically daily and love it.
Sounds like me and my husband - except we left the general NE area you're talking about when we got out of school. 40+ years ago. Spent 20+ years in Miami - and we've been here for almost 20 years now. We used to ride our bikes a lot here - but now - unfortunately - my husband can't ride a bike. OTOH - there are a lot of other outside things we can enjoy together here now. My main advice to younger people is enjoy stuff while you can ! Robyn

Old 05-25-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Sounds great! We are still considering all options (community vs. not), but so far the biggest bang for our buck seems to be a new construction in a community (Las Calinas in particular with no CDD fees and Taylor Morrison homes seem well priced for block construction). But we are still looking as I said...

Old 05-26-2014, 09:48 AM

23 posts, read 46,077 times
My hubby is from Pearl River and I'm from Jersey! Chose Tappan due to proximity to my family, (who all moved down South). He's got 25 in April and some of his buddies are in Nocatee already. We visited, but I do not like all the dark roads that surround the area. We were low on gas and I was getting very nervous! That being said, we are taking another trip down as my husband and kids looooooved the area. Any other feedback from those who moved already would be much appreciated.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:07 PM

Would those who are familiar with the area please check the image and verify community boundaries?
Red: Las Calinas
Blue: Kensington or still part of Las Calinas?
Green: Palencia?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
My concerns about Nocatee, and what is it REALLY like?!-img_20140526_134843.jpg  

Old 05-28-2014, 01:39 PM

Gas is close by and the roads are really not that bad. Crooked Hill Rd in your area is worse. Plenty of retired otj here it seems. Publix is close and you can golf cart it there if you want.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:40 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
How's the recent snake situation out there, is it all hype or are they running rampant through the streets of Nocatee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville