Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,726,137 times

Advertisements

Not what I wanted to read. I just installed their 50mps modem/router here in NEFL. Their technology is solid. I guess it's only when you have to interact with their people. Still not good PR.

Comcast named America's worst company in annual Consumerist poll | The Verge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,153,967 times
While generally hated by the public for poor customer service, they are quickly approaching a near monopoly on home based services. With their recent deal with Netflix, the rollout of X1, doubling home bandwidth speeds for free, and home security services, they're hard to turn down. Their service is far superior to other available options locally, but their customer service is terrible. As long as you don't have an issue, you'll be fine.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:29 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,481,531 times
Overall, I'm pleased with the service I get with them. But, I'm about to have to call for tech support on my digital cable TV reception. I'm not looking forward to this one, at all. :/

Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Overall, I'm pleased with the service I get with them. But, I'm about to have to call for tech support on my digital cable TV reception. I'm not looking forward to this one, at all. :/
I've found online chatting with them is far more productive and less frustrating then getting transferred around a dozen times and eventually hung up on.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,481,531 times
OK, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2014, 05:43 PM
kcj

60 posts, read 143,425 times
If you run into any issues, try We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

I had problems getting the cable buried instead of having it run across my yard and not only did they get someone out here to do it, they got it done fast and followed up to make sure it was done.

Also remember if you have a service appointment and they miss it you can get a $20 statement credit for each missed appointment just for the asking.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM

15 posts, read 33,007 times
I second kcj's post. I was having issues with dubious advertisement and borderline illegal business practices by Comcast. I emailed we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and my issues were rectified although still in the fashion that Comcast is known for. Although it can be frustrating to deal with the poor customer service skills that Comcast has, their products seem to be decent so far.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM

9,349 posts, read 8,268,322 times
I wouldn't say Comcast is America's worst company but they are one of the worst in terms of customer service. Since moving here I've hooked up my cable tv and internet through them and as a ballpark estimate I've received something along the lines of 25-30 phone calls from them in just over 2 weeks. Several reminder calls, then follow-up calls, then sales pitch calls trying to sell you more services, then I even had calls from them asking when I was going to return their equipment, even though I just purchased several of their services. I had to call and ask when they'd come and bury my line, to which they told me it would be Monday of next week. 5 minutes later some guy is outside burying the line in my front yard, lol. I also had an installer show up this past week and I had to turn him away because everything had already been installed. Other hiccups include non-functioning DVR and On Demand services and I'm dreading making that phone call.

I've dealt with some awful customer service before (CenturyLink, anyone? THEEEEEEE worst), and Comcast is pretty bad. It's kind of luck of the draw as to which customer service rep you get in contact with, some are awful and will transfer you away because they don't know what they're doing and others are competent and will help you with your issue.

My advice is that when you call in and they state their name, ask them to repeat their name and their location so if they decide to 'accidentally' hang up on you, you can report them. And always choose the option to get a callback call assessing their service, I seem to have much better luck when I do that, almost like they know when they're being assessed.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I wouldn't say Comcast is America's worst company but they are one of the worst in terms of customer service. Since moving here I've hooked up my cable tv and internet through them and as a ballpark estimate I've received something along the lines of 25-30 phone calls from them in just over 2 weeks. Several reminder calls, then follow-up calls, then sales pitch calls trying to sell you more services, then I even had calls from them asking when I was going to return their equipment, even though I just purchased several of their services. I had to call and ask when they'd come and bury my line, to which they told me it would be Monday of next week. 5 minutes later some guy is outside burying the line in my front yard, lol. I also had an installer show up this past week and I had to turn him away because everything had already been installed. Other hiccups include non-functioning DVR and On Demand services and I'm dreading making that phone call.

I've dealt with some awful customer service before (CenturyLink, anyone? THEEEEEEE worst), and Comcast is pretty bad. It's kind of luck of the draw as to which customer service rep you get in contact with, some are awful and will transfer you away because they don't know what they're doing and others are competent and will help you with your issue.

My advice is that when you call in and they state their name, ask them to repeat their name and their location so if they decide to 'accidentally' hang up on you, you can report them. And always choose the option to get a callback call assessing their service, I seem to have much better luck when I do that, almost like they know when they're being assessed.

It's completely this. Most people do their job poorly, but if you get a good one, you're money

Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 AM

9,349 posts, read 8,268,322 times
And amazingly, yet another automated call from Comcast today asking me to return their equipment even after speaking with someone just 2 days ago letting them know their records are inaccurate.

Comcast is definitely in the bottom 5% of companies I work with in terms of customer service....not quite the worst but juuuuuuuuuust about there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville