Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:14 PM

9,273 posts, read 8,179,283 times

Advertisements

I could be wrong but my assumption is the lack of public parking is purposeful to keep things as uncrowded as possible. We have gone to that very beach each and every weekend for the last month and have never had issues with parking at the preserve walkovers or Mickler's. We always try and arrive before 10:30am and have had our pick of parking spots. By the time we leave (typically 1pmish) the lots are totally full.

If you were desperate I assume you could park in a hotel parking lot and cab it over to one of the beach access points if you arrived later in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 01:49 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,478,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Do you know if Marsh Harbor is a nice neighborhood?

Also, there is a street off of Micklers and Neck Road called Magnolia Hammock Drive. Is that area of Neck and Magnolia Hammock nice? Too isolated?

And lastly, one off PV Blvd in that area called Broken Pottery Drive. Nice? Any pros/cons to this area?

Thanks, everyone!
google street view might give you a view.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:16 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,769,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
google street view might give you a view.
Done that, thanks. Just want local opinions. I like the look on street view...lots of vegetation/mature landscaping on Neck Rd and Broken Pottery. And the area is all near Guana Preserve...wondering about that...is it swampy? Any wild boars or flood zone, ie things to worry about?

Old 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM

227 posts, read 389,189 times
I can't speak to flood zone, but just about everywhere is a potential boar zone. We're in Nocatee, as are my parents, and their neighborhood has been torn up. Ours has been lucky so far, but I won't be at all surprised if they turn up here.

(Pigs, not parents. )

Old 05-12-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspink View Post
I can't speak to flood zone, but just about everywhere is a potential boar zone. We're in Nocatee, as are my parents, and their neighborhood has been torn up. Ours has been lucky so far, but I won't be at all surprised if they turn up here.

(Pigs, not parents. )

Yikes! Would they charge at kids, or just a nuisance with the yard? Would a fence keep them out?

Old 05-12-2014, 06:57 PM

190 posts, read 313,760 times
The Guana Preserve is loaded with wild pigs, it's probably one of the best hunting and fishing areas near Ponte Vedra.
And no a standard chain link or wooden privacy fence won't deter for very long a determined wild pig.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:29 PM

443 posts, read 888,628 times
Quote:
Do you know if Marsh Harbor is a nice neighborhood?

We looked at a couple of houses in there about 2 years ago on one of our several reconnaissance trips to the area looking for a retirement place. We thought it was nice but there was one drawback -- a huge cell tower or power line or something (can't remember exactly what it was) that loomed over the whole community. It turned us off to the neighborhood.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo View Post
We looked at a couple of houses in there about 2 years ago on one of our several reconnaissance trips to the area looking for a retirement place. We thought it was nice but there was one drawback -- a huge cell tower or power line or something (can't remember exactly what it was) that loomed over the whole community. It turned us off to the neighborhood.
Ahhh, that would turn us off also. Great info - thanks!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 PM

196 posts, read 425,531 times
I think that Magnolia Hammock is beautiful! It is very quiet and you feel like you are a million miles away back there, but all the homes look like "family" homes. I don't know anyone that lives there, but I LOVE the look of it and I wouldn't mind living there. FWIW, I think they are zoned for Ocean Palms. There are currently two great houses for sale back there right now - I was in the neighborhood last week.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:55 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,478,722 times
Quote:
Done that, thanks. Just want local opinions. I like the look on street view...lots of vegetation/mature landscaping on Neck Rd and Broken Pottery. And the area is all near Guana Preserve...wondering about that...is it swampy? Any wild boars or flood zone, ie things to worry about?
oh, I've been back there to attend a party. That is really nice and quiet. Can't say I would call it swampy, but I'll assume that anything between the ICW and the ocean can flood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville