Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 06:45 AM

13 posts, read 22,680 times

Advertisements

Could anyone give me any information on Vintage Estate Homes and also any info on Eagle Landing? We are looking to relocate to Jax from NJ. Also how is the job market in Jax?

Also, do you find it difficult to find work? I am currently a paralegal for a personal injury firm and my husband is a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 10:33 PM

13 posts, read 26,065 times
Hi, I live in Eagle Landing and absolutely love it! I think this view is shared by many residents, because we see folks who currently own homes in the community, "buying-up" to larger homes and I know of at least one case, where someone in this community has owned and occupied at least 3 homes in Eagle Landing. This speaks to the reality that the residents are deeply invested in the community.

Vintage Homes is formerly Mercedes Homes. I believe they may have filed Chapter 13 a couple of times and then re-established themselves using a new name...

Unfortunately, I can't speak to the availability of employment. I work for a firm based in NYC and I simply choose to live in Jacksonville because it's home, I love the area, and I can travel as needed from work from virtually any location.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,607,512 times
Katie,

I am more than likely relocating to Jacksonville, in the process of negotiating salary "it's a relocation same company with raise" how are the connections out of Jacksonville airport price wise?

Also coming from NJ the home prices and taxes are a nice relief..

Liz ? for your husband should have no trouble getting a job with with degree and his pay will not be a lot lower, you will find pay lower than NJ but cost of living will balance out.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
bellhead ... addressing flights out of Jacksonville - it's a busy place with a lot of flight choices to just about everywhere, at least the "everywheres" we need. Price wise, in our experience, they are not as cheap as say Orlando, Atlanta, Boston, etc., but we feel they're cheaper than some other hubs like Charlotte. I can only make these statements based on our personal experiences and may not reflect overall "truth". Hopefully others will give their opinions, too.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 AM

5,181 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
bellhead ... addressing flights out of Jacksonville - it's a busy place with a lot of flight choices to just about everywhere, at least the "everywheres" we need. Price wise, in our experience, they are not as cheap as say Orlando, Atlanta, Boston, etc., but we feel they're cheaper than some other hubs like Charlotte. I can only make these statements based on our personal experiences and may not reflect overall "truth". Hopefully others will give their opinions, too.
Everything is pretty spot on. Prices seem on the rise but, the population and those areas feeding the airport are growing. Great airport that gets you in and out easily

Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM

Thank you all so much for these responses. We can't wait to get there!

Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
Lizreyes82 ... let's put it this way ... we lived in Eagle Harbor, sister community to Eagle Landing, and then were offered a "great" opportunity in North Carolina. So we moved. Shortly thereafter we were asked to move back to Jacksonville, and it took NO arm twisting. We LOVE the First Coast!

Originally we chose Eagle Harbor over Eagle Landing because, back in 2007, Eagle Landing and Oakleaf were in a growth period when roadways stunk and shopping required a trek out to Blanding Blvd. Today, it's altogether different!

Eagle Landing is pretty darn awesome. One thing you might want to consider, down the road next May, is hosting players in the men's professional tennis circuit. When the tournament was held in Eagle Harbor, we were a host family. Then the tournament was shifted to Eagle Landing, and we couldn't find the time to host. Great experience though!

Re: job opportunities ... Farah & Farah and Harrell & Harrell are just two of the big personal injury firms. There are more. Mechanical and electrical engineering - check out CSX and FEC railroads - always looking for engineers.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:24 AM

Mawipafl - Thank you so much for this response.

We are so excited to move to Jax. It took one visit and we fell in love. Eagle Landing is the kind of neighborhood you only see in movies (so I thought lol).

Everyone - you have no idea how encouraging your responses are. Change is quite scary, so when hear from others that have gone through it, it makes it that much easier.

-Liz

Old 07-10-2017, 05:44 PM

Default Eagle Landing

Hey All! Just wanted to say after a long await we finally made It to Eagle Landing! Currently building and should be finalized in January! Thanks for all the advice and support!

Old 07-11-2017, 04:30 PM

375 posts, read 444,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizreyes82 View Post
Hey All! Just wanted to say after a long await we finally made It to Eagle Landing! Currently building and should be finalized in January! Thanks for all the advice and support!
Congrats!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: