Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:11 AM

375 posts, read 444,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiros2005 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Husband has to commute to work, hence the need to live in an area not too far from his job.

I've lived all over Chicago so I'm okay with urban areas or suburban. I would probably prefer suburban for the kids sake though.
Diversity: I'm looking for a variety in activities and people. I grew up in Southern Illinois where things are Black and White, with not much else culturally. I would like to be near an area with access to museums, parks, zoo, shopping, etc.
The cultural areas of Jacksonville (some will argue that Jacksonville has no culture ) are centered in the Urban Core and the surrounding Historic Districts. Museums and parks are plentiful Downtown and in the San Marco, Riverside/Avondale and Springfield Historic Districts. The Jacksonville Zoo Jacksonville Zoo is approximately 10 miles from those areas and shopping can be found a little farther either south or north of the area.

You will find a diverse population along racial and socioeconomic lines in most of those districts. San Marco is pretty much gentrified but Riverside and Springfield are both in a state renewal with Riverside being farther along than Springfield.

A commute to Southside shouldn't be difficult as most of the traffic would be in the opposite direction there and back. Depending on traffic conditions you could do it in 30 min or less.

Jacksonville has some very nice suburban areas that would fit your needs, several in the Southside area. I my self prefer the urban areas and live in Springfield. I am sure others will have some suggestions for you.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 AM

46 posts, read 60,938 times
San Marco, Riverside/Avondale if you like an older neighborhood feel and there you are close to parks, zoo, museums, downtown and shopping. If you like newer neighborhoods or communities with amenities there is much to choose from in the Southside area, especially near Town Center and Tinseltown where you will find restaurants, theaters and shopping aplenty. Use your realtor! They can help the most with your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: