Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:23 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,895,925 times

Advertisements

Kdowl: here is web address for a crime mapping site you may find helpful COJ.net - Crime Statistics Information Acceptance
Projectmaximus and JudeK: You are correct. I must be careful not to use the words anything, everything, nothing, always, never, etc in a post. Obviously, good rentals can be found for $800 and under because you both own some. The next time I am trying to find a rentals in that price range I will reconnect with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:07 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdowl View Post
Thanks everybody!

I went to Jacksonville this past weekend and viewed a few places in several different parts of town. There was a lot more than I anticipated for $800-$850. We are thinking of going with a 2 bedroom towards the end of Baymeadows Circle West. It seemed like a very convenient area. Does anyone know how crime in this area is (that is what I was meaning in my original post when I said "good"). I've heard there are a lot of burglaries. I saw lots of joggers out, which I feel like is usually a pretty good sign. Are there running trails in that golf course?

My boyfriend works for Publix so he has the luxury of being able to transfer to just about any store, so as far as commute for him goes it should not be an issue as there are so many in a given radius. He is in grad school online and will be finishing up this summer and hoping to do some more searching then for something related to his degree. I have not found a job myself but had a few interviews. Most are weary of hiring me because we are in the transition still and have not yet moved. We were thinking this location would help when I do find a job because we will be located in a seemingly central area and near major highways.
You are fairly central but would be in a slightly older area. Check the crime statistics but I'd imagine the area falls somewhere between the good and the bad. Welcome to Jax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
Kdowl: here is web address for a crime mapping site you may find helpful COJ.net - Crime Statistics Information Acceptance
Projectmaximus and JudeK: You are correct. I must be careful not to use the words anything, everything, nothing, always, never, etc in a post. Obviously, good rentals can be found for $800 and under because you both own some. The next time I am trying to find a rentals in that price range I will reconnect with you.
Lol...yes please do get in touch. Always happy to give someone suggestions, even if it ends up not being one of my properties. Most of mine are not under $800...considering I don't have any 1-bedrooms that is not surprising. In your sarcasm you refuse to comment on the fact that most apartment complexes start below $800. So you must be saying that there are only a couple, very tiny areas, which you consider to be good areas. Anyway, clearly you have some misconceptions so if you are ever in need, please ask someone for help in finding rentals.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:18 PM

375 posts, read 444,417 times
You will find that Jacksonville doesn't have a bad side of town. It is scattered through out the county with the exception of a large swath in the NW quadrant. It is literally a neighborhood by neighborhood thing. A few blocks in any direction can make a difference.

That being said, the area you pointed out is not the best but certainly not the worst. I used to do waste collection in the apartments close to there, Casa Del Mar, Casa Del Sol, and Casa Luna. It has been a couple years or more now but I would have lived in any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville