Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:29 AM

164 posts, read 227,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
This persons complaints were all fact based, with clearly articulated failings.
The complaints are fact based, but the conclusions drawn are speculation at best based on an apparent limited understanding of networking by the OP.

Quote:
On one hand, you can respect the CEO for taking the time to address public complaints
Does anyone think the user on here is really the CEO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:36 AM

9,374 posts, read 8,342,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger20 View Post

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but really only the OP would be able to tell us that for certain if he shared contact information with him.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:53 AM

172 posts, read 239,202 times
Quote:
The complaints are fact based, but the conclusions drawn are speculation at best based on an apparent limited understanding of networking by the OP.
Really?
How is complaining about throttling a "limited understanding of networking by the OP"?
I understand networking pretty well and what the OP described suggests that he/she at least understands the basics, because throttling is exactly what bush-league providers do during peak usage times and if its bad enough, it could totally impact someone who needs high intensity applications (Skype, etc) for work.

Quote:
It could be or maybe it isn't.
The fact they resurrected the post 3 days later suggests someone is managing their internet reputation. A lot of CEO's take on public complaint mitigation since it inspires confidence, however they will abandon ship if it becomes a feeding frenzy.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:22 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,612 times
Quote:
Really?
How is complaining about throttling a "limited understanding of networking by the OP"?
I understand networking pretty well and what the OP described suggests that he/she at least understands the basics, because throttling is exactly what bush-league providers do during peak usage times and if its bad enough, it could totally impact someone who needs high intensity applications (Skype, etc) for work.
I understand networking a lot more than "pretty well", and even if he is being throttled to 12 to 15 down, it wouldn't prevent his VPN from working. In fact, he would likely be hard pressed to even notice that since more sites aren't pushing that speed to him anyway, including his work VPN. There is some other factor leading to his VPN issue. I'm not saying there isn't an issue, in fact I'm pretty sure Litestream sucks horribly, but his experience is likely worse than others who simply want to check social media and their email from time to time.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:25 AM

172 posts, read 239,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
I'm not saying there isn't an issue, in fact I'm pretty sure Litestream sucks horribly, but his experience is likely worse than others who simply want to check social media and their email from time to time.
The OP clearly articulated his usage footprint and that being the basis for his thinking that Litestream sucks.
Its obvious- and requires no explanation- that someone who only checks email and facebook is not the target audience for his information.

If they didn't warn him of throttling, they are in the wrong and he is more than justified to be livid.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:39 AM

Sigh.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:51 PM

23 posts, read 52,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo77 View Post
I actually had decided on Palencia, and had selected a home design and lot.
However the Litestream service, plus the renewed contract made me change my mind.

Sadly, we won't be moving to Palencia, and it was entirely due to the horror stories I've heard about Litestream.
I would definitely not be sad. If I had known how bad Litestream is for my particular needs, I would've never moved here in the first place. I would've saved myself a whole lot of money and the endless frustration I expereince on almost a daily basis. In short, there subpar service basically prevents me from doing my job.

I have never had these issues before with other ISPs, specifically Comcast. I am not saying they are the best either. In fact their customer service leaves nothing to be desired. Nonetheless, when I had business class Internet through them I had a constant high speed that never caused me to freeze or crash.

Maybe it wasn't just their speed. Maybe it was something else. Who the f$&@ cares whatever it was to all you f$&@ing IT experts out there. All I know is that when I worked I never had any f$&@ing issues with them.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:55 PM

23 posts, read 52,490 times
Quote:
Sigh.
Here's a brilliant idea...how about you get on the phone and call Litestream and tell them how to fix my problems Apparently they have a limited understanding of networking as well!

Old 02-04-2015, 02:01 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,829,996 times
I don't really understand why the venom here is focused on Litestream rather than the HOA. It sure sounds like many believe that Litstream has abysmal service, so I'd tend to agree it probably does. The open market would normally allow the customer to use another service but that choice has been taken away by the HOA. One must ask why the decision maker or makers have made such a decision and what can be done to change it and open the area up to genuine competition.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd8tr View Post
Apparently they have a limited understanding of networking as well!
Or they with deal calls every 5 minutes of people telling them their connection is slow, so when you called with that speculation, you got lumped into the "speed complaint" category ad ignored
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville