Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 05:57 AM

317 posts, read 360,697 times

Advertisements

Yes it is subjective but I'm curious as to what those who live there think are some of the better 'middle class' areas. Best bang for the buck if you will.
Moderately priced homes, reasonable taxes with descent amenities and shopping.
I'm not sure what is actually considered the 'greater Jax area', but I'm looking anywhere from just outside of the city south to St Augustine and from the St Johns to the coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 08:22 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,977 times
Better "middle class areas" would be places like Deerwood (not all of the homes there are $1Million), the two neighborhoods across from Deerwood, certain neighborhoods in Mandarin, Queens Harbor, Parts of Avondale that are affordable, etc.

The interesting thing about Jax is youll have pockets of "good neighborhoods" within greater areas that arent that great. So its hard to give a definitive list.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Better "middle class areas" would be places like Deerwood (not all of the homes there are $1Million), the two neighborhoods across from Deerwood, certain neighborhoods in Mandarin, Queens Harbor, Parts of Avondale that are affordable, etc.

The interesting thing about Jax is youll have pockets of "good neighborhoods" within greater areas that arent that great. So its hard to give a definitive list.

Thanks downsouth, it sounds like it's going to be a lot harder than I thought.
Especially since I'm doing most of the research from up north.

I'll be taking short trips down of course to look around, but if it's that scattered about how much can one take in at one time ?

Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 AM

164 posts, read 227,777 times
Depends on your definition of middle class. Do areas with 150K-200K, 200K-500K, 500K-1M, 1M+ homes fit in your definition?

Old 05-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger20 View Post
Depends on your definition of middle class. Do areas with 150K-200K, 200K-500K, 500K-1M, 1M+ homes fit in your definition?

Actually I left that open as I'm not sure exactly what folks there in NE Florida consider 'middle class' prices. Since that changes depending on where you are. Here in the north east it could be 600k or better on Long Island or parts of CT . Then again in Western NY it's probably around 150k - 300k. I was curious to see what folks there in NE Florida/ Jax felt moderately priced was and what areas it would include. Though to put a number to it 200k-500k would be about right.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:58 AM

164 posts, read 227,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Actually I left that open as I'm not sure exactly what folks there in NE Florida consider 'middle class' prices. Since that changes depending on where you are. Here in the north east it could be 600k or better on Long Island or parts of CT . Then again in Western NY it's probably around 150k - 300k. I was curious to see what folks there in NE Florida/ Jax felt moderately priced was and what areas it would include. Though to put a number to it 200k-500k would be about right.
I would say thats about spot on for the area. I am only really familiar with areas south of Jacksonville near 210 in St. Johns. Defcinitely south of the 295 loop is going to be quite nice though I have heard there are pockets further in that are also "middle class"

Julington Creek plantation
Durbin Crossing
Nocatee
Glen St. Johns

are all very nice and fall within that range.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger20 View Post
I would say thats about spot on for the area. I am only really familiar with areas south of Jacksonville near 210 in St. Johns. Defcinitely south of the 295 loop is going to be quite nice though I have heard there are pockets further in that are also "middle class"

Julington Creek plantation
Durbin Crossing
Nocatee
Glen St. Johns

are all very nice and fall within that range.

Thank you Ruger !! I will definitely look into those. I have heard of Nocatee, but the others I am not familiar with.

Hopefully others here will jump in and add a few more to the list....

Old 05-07-2015, 07:24 PM

40 posts, read 90,114 times
I loved the Mandarin area closer to St Johns River. Lots of shopping close by and well-established neighborhoods, with lots of beautiful green trees!

Old 05-08-2015, 02:32 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Yea I think the range in pricing is fair to what I consider middle class and I second Mandarin as a option to live.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:52 AM

Thanks I was wondering about Mandarin ! Looks like a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville