Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:26 PM

67 posts, read 106,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Nope. I actually didn't say that either, nice try yet again. I only pointed out the mess that is Blanding and that the commute would really be awful if you had to go to downtown or the beaches.

I've visited and offered my opinions on the area, which is what the OP was asking for....opinions.

Really a mess? As compared to what no traffic at all or the mess of traffic on San Jose in the morning? You make it seem like the traffic here is awful but really it's nothing compared to other parts of Jacksonville or Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta and 100s of other cities.

Last edited by sidewinder103; 09-28-2015 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 08:48 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,831,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
To be fair that sounds like half of Jacksonville as well.

Sounds like all of FL, honestly.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,831,132 times
Orange Park is ok. Like others have said, it grew too fast, so traffic is an issue. But its just like any other part of FL. Strip malls, traffic, CVS's, Publix's, car dealerships, etc. Repeat over and over again. Planned communities, over and over again.

OP isnt bad though that I know of. Its no beauty like Asheville NC or Boulder CO. It's just...... FL. Same ol same ol really.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:00 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,185,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder103 View Post
Really a mess? As compared to what no traffic at all or the mess of traffic on San Jose in the morning? You make it seem like the traffic here is awful but really it's nothing compared to other parts of Jacksonville or Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta and 100s of other cities.
As compared to 99% of the major roads throughout Jacksonville and the suburbs. I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with the San Jose comparison. And if you read my post I've already stated traffic is bad in nearly every big city.

Calm down. Some of you people act as if we're calling your mother a bad name by stating opinions on Orange Park.

"IT'S JUST LIKE SAN JOSE!!!!!!"

Sheesh.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:51 AM

294 posts, read 338,129 times
For the OP- The one thing I can tell you about Orange Park is after living here over three years I have never been there.

Not sure what that says about the area. I live at the beaches and have been to many areas in and around Jacksonville for various reasons- events, restaurants, shopping, etc. I guess there is no reason I would go there; at least no reason I know of.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,555,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsch View Post
For the OP- The one thing I can tell you about Orange Park is after living here over three years I have never been there.

Not sure what that says about the area. I live at the beaches and have been to many areas in and around Jacksonville for various reasons- events, restaurants, shopping, etc. I guess there is no reason I would go there; at least no reason I know of.
How helpful.

Most people don't regularly go to other parts of the metro area for anything. People will go to the beach or places like the Town Center because they are unique for the area. I lived 2 years in Altamonte Springs north side of Orlando Metro, I never went to Windermere on the far west of Orlando Metro. I did go to the attractions/I Drive area a few times.

Because I never went to Windermere has no bearing on what its like to live there.

Last edited by jwolfer; 09-29-2015 at 09:24 AM..

Old 09-29-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
As compared to 99% of the major roads throughout Jacksonville and the suburbs. I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with the San Jose comparison. And if you read my post I've already stated traffic is bad in nearly every big city.

Calm down. Some of you people act as if we're calling your mother a bad name by stating opinions on Orange Park.

"IT'S JUST LIKE SAN JOSE!!!!!!"

Sheesh.

You're the one attacking but as soon as someone rebuts your opinions you freak out.. lol..!!!!!

Last edited by sidewinder103; 09-29-2015 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-29-2015, 09:40 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,185,589 times
Not at all. I don't live in Orange Park, nor would I ever.

I guess in the end OP, when you mention a place and people "squinch up their face" and recommend living somewhere else, then you come here and see the opinions here, you probably have all the information you need.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
thank god..we have enough people moving over here from Mandarin and Ponte Vedra..

Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,555,058 times
Quote:

I guess in the end OP, when you mention a place and people "squinch up their face" and recommend living somewhere else, then you come here and see the opinions here, you probably have all the information you need.
You are so above living in Orange Park. I only wish I could have the class and sophistication that you have for living on that side of the river
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville