Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,668 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering relocating to the Jacksonville / Saint Augustine area from PA in a few years. We are starting to look online at houses and land now and considering buying early and renting it out before housing prices go up too much. Houses I was interested in jumped as much as $100,000 in price over the past three years! I'm afraid that we won't be able to afford to move there!

We plan to move down when my daughter starts her Freshman year in high school. That way, we don't need to mess with graduation requirements from multiple states. Problem is, she is dyslexic. What high schools are rated the highest for an ESE student? Do they have special classes for students at their level or are all special needs students mainstreamed? She currently has an IEP and is in a regular classroom 90% of the day and pulled out for Reading and Math only around 20-30 minutes a day.

I saw that the Greenwood School in Jacksonville is for dyslexic students, but I'd rather save on the tuition if public schools are better. Plus, I don't really want to live in that area and believe transportation is not provided.

We are interested in areas with no CDD fees, low Homeowner's Association Fees, and large lots - such as Mandarin, Saint John's and Fruit Cove. That would include Mandarin High School, Bertram Trail, and Creekside. Also considering the area around Nease.

Any advice would be helpful! We don't want to buy a house / land near a high school that would not meet her needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 08:49 PM

17 posts, read 30,128 times
KaLeDi I'm so curious, where did you end up? My son has a lot in common with your daughter. We're thinking about moving from NY to Ponte Vedra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville