Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:37 AM

3 posts, read 5,831 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a house in the Four Corners Park area of Murray Hill. What are your thoughts on safety in the area? I am a single mom with a small child and want a family friendly neighborhood of possible.

Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:58 AM

272 posts, read 1,001,059 times
Bought our first house there in 2002. Moved to Avondale in 2004.
(Since moved to St. Johns in 2013).

Appearance wise, it does not seem that the area has changed much in 10 years.
It was safe back then. Most of the residents had lived there for 30+ years when we were there. We did have the occasional police helicopter flying overhead from activity on Post and on Cassatt. But also had that in Avondale from McDuff area as well.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:22 AM

65 posts, read 70,852 times
Its a great neighborhood, see if you can get onto the Nextdoor Murray Hill site and ask neighbors questions, ask some of the business owners in and around Murray Hill their thoughts too, many live in the neighborhood. We live in Avondale, but Murray Hill is a great neighborhood for those getting pushed out of Avondale and Riverside by price.

There are MANY, many, many events that go on in the 4-corners park. There is a great community group called MHPA and you can attend the meetings, meet neighbors, speak with the leaders. If I moved to Jax, I would live in Murray Hill, so many good restaurants coming and there now. Its a great place and safe as anywhere in Jax.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 5,831 times
Thank you guys for the advice! I did actually put an offer on a home near Four Corners Park. I haven't heard back yet, but I do feel better about the area thank to the advice you two have given.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:17 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,153,660 times
Yeah, it's definitely up and coming! It depends on your perspective and tolerance so some might possibly see it as still rough around the edges, but I think it's definitely almost there if not there already in terms of safety and amenities.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:34 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,480,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtraininjax View Post
Its a great neighborhood, see if you can get onto the Nextdoor Murray Hill site and ask neighbors questions, ask some of the business owners in and around Murray Hill their thoughts too, many live in the neighborhood. We live in Avondale, but Murray Hill is a great neighborhood for those getting pushed out of Avondale and Riverside by price.

There are MANY, many, many events that go on in the 4-corners park. There is a great community group called MHPA and you can attend the meetings, meet neighbors, speak with the leaders. If I moved to Jax, I would live in Murray Hill, so many good restaurants coming and there now. Its a great place and safe as anywhere in Jax.
Isn't Avondale in JAX ? I think I know what you're trying to say - but we all have to be careful in terms of preventing confusion among people looking to move here. The area is confusing enough as it is! Robyn

Old 11-13-2015, 12:08 PM

Robyn55 - The reader wanted to know about the Four Corners Park area, which is located inside of Murray Hill. I stated to the reader that while I lived in Avondale, I was very familiar with Murray Hill, both communities inside of Jacksonville.....and in fact, both inside the 32205 zip code.

Murray Hill has a lot going on in the community and I wanted to alleviate any concerns someone looking to move to Murray Hill may have, as it is an up and coming neighborhood and many who look in Riverside, also in 32205, or Avondale end up settling in Murray Hill because it is an up and coming area of Jacksonville. There are many neighborhoods within the City of Jacksonville and many share the same zip codes and with the city being incorporated, its OK to say Baldwin, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, all cities within Duval County, which is technically Jacksonville. Confused yet?

Your status says you live in Ponte Vedra Beach, is that in St. Johns County? Is this outside of Duval County, outside of Jacksonville? You think Jacksonville is confusing, try Ponte Vedra versus Ponte Vedra Beach. Did you see this post about Ponte Vedra Beach? I would never post about it, but you live there and you might be able to help more....http://www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...dra-beach.html

Last edited by mtraininjax; 11-13-2015 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Added another link for poster.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Here is a link to the Murray Hill Preservation Authority, Murray Hill Preservation Association

And they in fact have an event coming up in Four Corners Park, Upcoming Events | 4th Annual Very Murray Christmas | Murray Hill Preservation Association

Hope you can make it! December 13. - Jack

Old 11-13-2015, 01:59 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,153,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtraininjax View Post
Robyn55 - The reader wanted to know about the Four Corners Park area, which is located inside of Murray Hill. I stated to the reader that while I lived in Avondale, I was very familiar with Murray Hill, both communities inside of Jacksonville.....and in fact, both inside the 32205 zip code.
Robyn was just commenting on your odd use of language. You basically stated that if you were to move to Jax you would live in Murray Hill, when you already do live in Jax and reside in Avondale. Would be confusing for someone who takes what you write literally...

Old 11-13-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Would be confusing for someone who takes what you write literally...
Without getting way off the base of the thread here...The poster wanted to know about Four Corners in Murray Hill. Not knowing, literally, anything about the poster, my thought was to make the poster feel relieved that Four Corners and Murray Hill were a great place to live. Living close to Four Corners and Murray Hill, I felt, literally, justified to state that fact, that if I was moving to Jacksonville, I would consider it a great place to live. I hope this helps with any and all confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville