Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 07:34 PM

21 posts, read 30,937 times

Advertisements

Can someone let me know the zip codes for Riverside/Brooklyn and the Beaches areas? In looking for apartments, it seems the searches go by zip code.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 05:47 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilfaith View Post
...We do have a Trader Joe's (at last! hallelujah!) which opened just over a year ago at the beach (not far from Town Center, provided there is light traffic on JTB)...and as you already know, Publix is a huge step up from Gristides or D'Ag's. There is a Whole Foods in Jax as well. A couple of Aldi supermarkets have opened recently as well.
People have numerous grocery shopping options here. Except for some areas near downtown - there is pretty much a Publix every couple of miles. We do most of our shopping at Publix.

We also have Costco (we go there once a week). Costco sells some things that aren't available in other stores (like prime beef)/massive qualities of others (like nuts) at rock bottom prices.

We also go to Fresh Market (here in PVB - there are other locations in the metro area) and Whole Foods (one location in Mandarin) once every few weeks because both sell some items we can't get elsewhere. There's a large Asian grocery store near Whole Foods that we frequent as well.

There are lots of places that aren't our cup of tea - but might suit others. Ranging from Winn Dixie to Food Lion to Native Sun (local "natural foods place") to Walmart to Target to BJs. Other options as well.

There are numerous "beverage" options too. Like Total Wine & More (near Costco).

We live close to Trader Joe's - but don't care for it. The parking area close to the store is crowded - the store is small and crowded - and I don't understand the fuss about what it sells (among other things - the place doesn't have a butcher or a bakery). But the place is there for anyone who cares to shop there.

When it comes to where to live - I'd take a look at Riverside - the area around the Town Center - and the Beaches. See which you like the best when you take everything into account (the housing options - the commute - the neighborhood - etc.). Shouldn't be too hard to find a place with laundry facilities in your unit and a pool and decent parking (especially in the newer complexes - like this one - Luxury Jacksonville FL Apartments | The Brooklyn Riverside). When it comes to a pool - if you're looking for a place to do serious swimming - we have a handful of Ys that offer facilities like that. Including the Brooks Y near the Town Center and the recently renovated Winston Y in Riverside.

Unless you care to live a very limited life - you will need a car. Public transportation isn't great (although Uber has made some inroads in the metro area).

Don't know about grocery delivery services (I generally like to eyeball food before I buy it - although I do buy some items I can't find here at all on line). But buying things from Amazon and other on-line places works fine here (although there's no 1 hour delivery). When it comes to Amazon and similar - I'd be wary of housing options in some neighborhoods where packages are simply left on your doorstep:

How To Avoid Getting Your Packages Stolen

We get about 2-3 on-line deliveries a week. Mostly a lot of little stuff. But - even though we live in a very safe neighborhood - we make sure we're home if we're expecting delivery of a larger/more expensive item. Robyn

Old 02-08-2016, 06:46 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkflorida View Post
Can someone let me know the zip codes for Riverside/Brooklyn and the Beaches areas? In looking for apartments, it seems the searches go by zip code.

Thanks!
32205 Riverside
32207 San Marco
32250 Jax Beach
32266 Neptune Beach
32233 Atlantic Beach
32202 Downtown and Brooklyn I think
32082 Ponte Vedra Beach
32246 St Johns town Center

Some of the zip codes are quite large so they include other areas than what you are looking for

Old 02-08-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
There are lots of places that aren't our cup of tea - but might suit others. Ranging from Winn Dixie to Food Lion to Native Sun (local "natural foods place") to Walmart to Target to BJs. Other options as well.
Food Lion is no more in Florida

Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Food Lion is no more in Florida
There used to be one on Atlantic Blvd. IIRC - in the same shopping center as a Wild Birds Unlimited. Shows you how long it's been since I was in that neck of the woods. Robyn

Old 02-08-2016, 10:09 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
32205 Riverside
32207 San Marco
32250 Jax Beach
32266 Neptune Beach
32233 Atlantic Beach
32202 Downtown and Brooklyn I think
32082 Ponte Vedra Beach
32246 St Johns town Center

Some of the zip codes are quite large so they include other areas than what you are looking for
A few corrections...

Riverside is mostly 32204. Only the portion west of King St is 32205.

Brooklyn is technically 32204 as well, although some of the business addresses are 32202 for some reason. For rental purposes, there are just two apt complexes in Brooklyn: 220 Riverside which has an -02 zip and the Brooklyn Riverside which has an -04 zip.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
A few corrections...

Riverside is mostly 32204. Only the portion west of King St is 32205.

Brooklyn is technically 32204 as well, although some of the business addresses are 32202 for some reason. For rental purposes, there are just two apt complexes in Brooklyn: 220 Riverside which has an -02 zip and the Brooklyn Riverside which has an -04 zip.

I forgot about 32204, Avondale is more 32205.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:18 PM

All the info has been extremely helpful Thank you Robyn and maximus!

I've decided to focus my search around the Town Center as I figure it's central to work, downtown and the beaches. And, I can lease for year until I get the lay of the land and decide if I want to live in another area and/or buy a place. I especially like that some things are walkable (although not a lot), but the Town Center and things like Costco (been a member for many years) are around. And, lots of complexes with pools and dog friendly! It's a good way to make friends for a newbie to the area. Lastly, I don't have to shlep on the subway with only things that I can carry (which is quite a bit )

As for the dogs, I've read few past posts about poop removal. It's disgusting that people don't pick up after their pets. But, I've also come across people in NY that start screaming before you can even pull out a poopie bag (yes, their 2 ft. by 6 ft. "lawns." LOL! I know that I'm a very responsible pet owner (doggie bags, microchips, vaccinations, etc.)

I had someone from Jacksonville Rental Finders contact me and we spoke for a while. I mentioned Riverside and the beaches but that I was open to other areas. She said she would email me, but never heard back. Not sure what's up with that, but like a New Yorker, we move on quickly

Old 09-23-2017, 09:29 PM

Default Relo is really happening - and soon!

All,

The relo is really happening - probably within two months. It's not DB, but another firm located in the downtown area. I'm basically looking for the same with work in a downtown location. I don't need to be next to work, but trying not to have a crazy commute. I will definitely get a car. As for budget, I'm trying to stay under $1300 -- will definitely have my dog, need parking, would love to have a pool available, walking distance to shops/restaurants is nice (not a deal breaker, but nice), like diversity in the area, etc. They will offer relo assistance, but like to have more info!

Any idea on leasing a car and insurance costs? How easy is it to find a dog walker and how much to they charge?

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:24 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Congrats! Wow it's been over 1.5 years! Could it be Macquarie? They're on the southbank i believe....

You have all the info you need in the first few posts. Those would be all the urban core options. It still stands that you could pick the SJTC area and just have a 30ish minute commute. Beaches would probably stretch you out to 45 or more minutes.

Nothing really has changed much since you started this thread. Most of the urban core proposed multifam is still in the pipeline I don't think anything has broken ground or been completed aside from Broadstone Riverhouse and Lofts at LaVilla. Depending on your timeline, Broadstone may be an option, but at their current pace I doubt they're ready til March or so. IF you are working on the southbank, that one could be ideal as a luxury apt within walking distance to work.

I am pretty sure you can get something serviceable starting at the low 200s, with insurance maybe you add 60-100 more per month?? No clue on dog walkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville