Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 AM

265 posts, read 994,186 times

Advertisements

I have 15 weeks left here in Jacksonville and these are the things I want to do before I leave. If you have anything to suggest please do.

1. Going to the Daytona 500 next weekend. We are not racecar fans but I have always wanted to see the spectacle that is the “Daytona 500."

2. The azalea festival in Palatka, I believe around March first (I guess it happens when they are blooming though)

3.The Art walk – first Wednesday of March – We will be there!

4. The Zoo- very soon while the temperature is still nice and cool. Should have done the Zoo today that breeze and sun feel so nice.

5. Another trip to Savannah, Ga. For the weekend

6. Need to find a reason to go back to St. Mary’s Ga. The crab legs just aren’t enough I am hoping they have a festival or something

7. The museum downtown by the fountain I think its MOSH

8. One more Renna’s pizza before I leave. I have to be honest about this. Renna’s has absolutely made me lose any yearning for other pizza. My status quo was any pizza is good pizza but I am spoiled now.

9. I just read about the Alpaca thing I have no idea what its all about but I always want to see different things

If you know of anything that is coming up that you think I or anyone else would like to do this spring. Let’s hear it. I will be sad to leave ya’ll. There is a slight chance we may stay and if we do into the ICW area we will go.

For those of you that are keeping me up to date with your consumption of red meat and cheese. I love that you love me enough to harrass me.

Last edited by Lawstudent; 02-10-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 PM

53 posts, read 58,152 times
15 weeks left? Are you working in Jax to fill in for someone at work or something?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:15 PM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
lawstudent is leaving JAX... funny enough, most of those to-do items aren't exactly IN Jax

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Don't forget bike week in Daytona I think it is the last week in Feb

Old 02-10-2008, 07:10 PM

53 posts, read 58,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
lawstudent is leaving JAX... funny enough, most of those to-do items aren't exactly IN Jax

I thought I had read that he moved here recently. Now I read that he has 15 weeks left in Jax. So I'm thinking he is on a job assignment or something. I dont think he'd be already moving out of Jax. But then again, it is FL, and I have seen 'em come and go, but I think Jax is less transient than most of FL tho.

Last edited by NuName; 02-10-2008 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 PM

272 posts, read 1,001,342 times
April 3, Jacksonville Suns opening night. (It's also Thirsty Thursday = $1 beer!!)

You should also do the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina. it's usally in may.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:35 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizliz0925 View Post
April 3, Jacksonville Suns opening night. (It's also Thirsty Thursday = $1 beer!!)

You should also do the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina. it's usally in may.
Yes! Definitely a Suns game and the Shrimp Fest is a very nice event (juried artwork - artists come from all over to show their work).

It's the 2nd year for the Jax Irish Festival. It was a big success and the music was awesome last year:

Jax Irish Fest 2008

You might still be here for the Film Festival?:
http://www.jacksonvillefilmfestival.com/

Outside of Jax:

Cassadaga has an interesting history and it's a pretty tiny town:
Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp' (http://www.cassadaga.org/index.html - broken link)

Micanopy is another adorable town with an interesting history.
Welcome Micanopy, Florida for Unique and Antique Shopping
marjorie Kinnan Rawlings lived in, and wrote about, Micanopy:
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mt. Dora has the famous antique sales, which personally I find overrated, but the town itself is a nice day trip:
Mount Dora Area Chamber of Commerce

This one might prove challenging....
Track and film the Florida Skunk Ape in Bartow (The Bartow Booger! ):
The Florida Skunk Ape

Old 02-11-2008, 04:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
we have friends that go to every Suns game they always have a good time

I had forgotten about the Shrimp Festival went once I enjoyed it hubby didn't so we haven't been back

hmmm maybe the PPP needs to go lol I can leave you know who home with the dogs

Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 AM

265 posts, read 994,186 times
Added to my calendar:
April 3rd Suns Home opener- thanks diz, riv, karla

May 3rd- 4th The Shrimp festival- sounds like fun this is a must for us

Feb 29th-March 9th Bike week- (I miss my bike, My bike became history when my wife became my future) inked

April 26th- Irish festival sounds intriguing

I have read about Micanopy and it sounds very interesting (the birthplace or home of the Phoenix boys right?)

It looks as if my last weeks will be busy with festivals and packing

Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
The Bausch & Lomb Tennis Tournament in Amelia Island (right around Easter).
The Mandarin Arts Festival - usually Easter weekend.

Both very fun events.

Last edited by agreatlife; 02-11-2008 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville