Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:46 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Agree about Crate and Barrel. That's the 1 store we miss from NJ that's not here in Jax. All of our tableware is from CB so it's hard to replace a glass there, a plate there when they chip or crack. We can buy online but who wants to pay shipping to replace a $4 cup.

Their furniture is a tad pricey but nice to look at and we really enjoyed browsing CB on a random Saturday. Maybe they'll build one by the time phase 10 rolls around (I'll take the Container Store too while they're at it)....
I do the Elfa sale at the Container Store on line once in a while - but it usually doesn't pay to ship a $2.49 item . Another fun store I wouldn't mind seeing here. FWIW - some of those really cheap things can be found on Amazon as "add-on" items (if you add them to other orders - you get free shipping). Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 06:00 AM

6,390 posts, read 4,896,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
This is the latest I could find:

Sunday Business Notebook: Bass Pro Shops still plans North St. Johns location | jacksonville.com

It still seems to be coming - but you'll have to wait a few more years. Robyn
Bass Pro has a history of planning to open and then reconsidering. We were supposed to get one here in Buffalo and negotiations went on for years before they decided against it. I suspect the one will open EVENTUALLY in St Johns county because of the population growth but who knows when.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:52 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
The Avenues is good, Orange Park is whatever, not into the Regency. St Johns probably has the most shopping options.

I'm not big into shopping, I'll mostly go to these places to walk around. Sometimes the fiancé will go shopping and I'll go with her.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:31 PM

581 posts, read 920,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
For the shirts - I'd try Brooks Brothers (Town Center) - Nordstrom (Town Center) - Rosenblum's (2 locations - one in JAX Beach - one a little north of Mandarin) - and/or the very new John Craig store (Sawgrass Village in PVB). I'm not sure the last 2 do custom shirts - but I would guess they do. My husband had a new sports jacket custom made at Rosenblum's last year - and he is pretty happy with it.

My favorite shopping is in Tokyo - although Singapore wasn't too shabby . OTOH - I don't need a whole lot of new stuff these days - so most of my shopping is "window shopping". Robyn

Robyn,
Thanks for the recommendation. I have an appointment for a fitting at Rosenblum's in JAX Beach next Thursday. I don't need a lot of stuff either but splurge on my shirts. Now that I'm mostly retired I'll have my casual shirts made which will be a real treat.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:12 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
Robyn,
Thanks for the recommendation. I have an appointment for a fitting at Rosenblum's in JAX Beach next Thursday. I don't need a lot of stuff either but splurge on my shirts. Now that I'm mostly retired I'll have my casual shirts made which will be a real treat.
Hope it works out for you . My husband doesn't wear dress shirts these days (except at funerals or the very occasional restaurant that requires a jacket and tie - many allow jackets and "dressy" tee shirts/turtlenecks - and most don't have any dress codes at all). So I think the dress shirts he has now will probably last him for the rest of his life. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville