Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 PM

134 posts, read 506,062 times

Advertisements

I SAVED a total of $580.00 yearly on my Homeowners Insurance.

1) I called my Homeowners Ins. company and asked them for ways that I can lower my premium. The first 2 people I spoke with were not very helpful. Being a person that previously worked in a call center, I know that sometimes truley helpful reps are hard to find unless you keep calling and happen to bump into one having a good day. So I called several time, an spoke to the right rep who asked me that if I worked for a specific company and/or owned a major credit card that they worked with, I can get 5%. I told her I had several and listed them out. When she heard the credit card that qualified (CHASE), she provided me a $100.00 deduction SAVINGS!!!!!

2) By chance, I bumped into the right rep who informed me that the State of Florida provides a Free Inspection for your home to determine if you qualify to get a WINDSTORM deduction. She gave me the number FOR A FREE APPLICATION AND FREE EVALUATION 1-866-513-6734 Moderator cut: advertising. I called the number and was informed that I would get a free evaluation. Within 2 weeks, I had my home inspected - They checked the roof, windows, etc. I spoke to the evaluator that informed me that many people don't know Florida has this free evaluations and when the evaluations are forwarded to the insurance company about 90% qualify for some sort of discount. He informed be it can be as little as $50.00 and as high as $800.00. Well, 2 weeks later I got the evaluation and forward it to the Insurance company. The following day, I received a call from my insurance company that I would be getting a deduction of $480.00 a year for Windstorm because my home qualified.

I had several family members do the same and one received a discount of $720.00. It was like hitting the lotto!

3) Increase your deductible from $500.00 to $1000.00. This reduced my Insurance almost 200.00 a year. I've been in my house 5 years and save the difference in the deducitible 2x already

Sometimes saving money is all about KNOWING what to ask and being persistant. Hope this was helpful!

THIS IS NOT ADVERTISING BUT A WAY TO SAVE MONEY! HAS BEEN APPROVED BY MODERATER (SEE TAMPA POSTING)
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 PM

530 posts, read 1,452,912 times
Thanks for the info as my HOI just went up,so I will call and see if I can get any savingings

Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM

789 posts, read 1,849,090 times
How much are we talking about in total Home Owner premiums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville