Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 06:52 AM

10 posts, read 12,898 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are planning on moving to Jacksonville for a job relocation.
Where are safe and good areas to live in either Neptune Beach & Jax Beach?
Are there any areas to avoid?
What is it like in the beaches areas?
We would like to be close to the beach so not too far inland.
We are still in the early stages of relocating.
We thought about AB but it is more expensive it appears. Although still not out of the question about moving there .
Any help would be greattly appreciated.
Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 07:09 AM

294 posts, read 338,517 times
What is your budget? House/condo/apt? BRs?

Old 12-07-2016, 08:38 AM

House about $750,000 budget.
Would be willing to do a small condo for around $350,000
3 bedrooms and 2 bath at least.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:16 AM

294 posts, read 338,517 times
If it was me (I live in NB), I would live east of third as close to the beach as possible in NB. If I lived in JB I would prob live somewhere east of third from 25-36th ave south (more neighborhoodish).

If I lived in AB I would try east of Sherry and south of Plaza, or in Atlantic Beach Country Club (might have to up the budget a little).

This is what it is like in the beaches area- AWESOME!

Old 12-07-2016, 11:32 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,327,847 times
Why not Ponte Vedra with that kind of budget?

Old 12-07-2016, 11:33 AM

23,370 posts, read 43,846,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Sells_Seashells View Post
Hello,
We are planning on moving to Jacksonville for a job relocation.
Where are safe and good areas to live in either Neptune Beach & Jax Beach?
Are there any areas to avoid?
What is it like in the beaches areas?
We would like to be close to the beach so not too far inland.
We are still in the early stages of relocating.
We thought about AB but it is more expensive it appears. Although still not out of the question about moving there .
Any help would be greattly appreciated.
Thanks!
With a median home price of 807K, I would think that Atlantic Beach would be within your grasp. This looks like an absolute gem, and is within your budget:

992 OCEAN BLVD ATLANTIC BEACH, FL Watson Realty Corp - Real Estate

I would look at Ponte Vedra Beach as well. It's a lovely community.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:23 PM

Wow!
Thanks everyone for your help so far.
The areas of places to look for helps a lot horns! 
Thanks LovinDecatur. I'll look into it

Old 12-08-2016, 04:32 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,600,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsch View Post
If it was me (I live in NB), I would live east of third as close to the beach as possible in NB. If I lived in JB I would prob live somewhere east of third from 25-36th ave south (more neighborhoodish).

If I lived in AB I would try east of Sherry and south of Plaza, or in Atlantic Beach Country Club (might have to up the budget a little).

This is what it is like in the beaches area- AWESOME!
The main downside of this area is that the southern part of Jax Beach is more prone to flooding during hurricanes. That's definitely something to consider. I have a friend who lives off 1st Ave in NB and she had absolutely no flooding after this last storm. They are trying to upgrade the drainage now so hopefully that won't happen in the future, but this last storm was pretty bad. If you do get a home there, you want to make sure it has just the garage on the first floor.

North Jax Beach has more of a party atmosphere west of 3rd Ave. That's where most of the bars/hotels/condos are. It's much louder and I can't say I'd recommend it as a place to live. It's not really unsafe, but it would probably be noisy.

I'd probably choose Neptune Beach over Jax Beach because it is less likely to flood in the more neighborhoody areas. It doesn't have any of the condos either. Atlantic Beach by the beach also has that feel and there are options in the OP's price range. There is the little downtown marketplace area in S. Atlantic Beach/N. Neptune Beach, but other than that, the beach side (E of 3rd St) of both towns are quiet neighborhoods.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The main downside of this area is that the southern part of Jax Beach is more prone to flooding during hurricanes. That's definitely something to consider. I have a friend who lives off 1st Ave in NB and she had absolutely no flooding after this last storm. They are trying to upgrade the drainage now so hopefully that won't happen in the future, but this last storm was pretty bad. If you do get a home there, you want to make sure it has just the garage on the first floor.

North Jax Beach has more of a party atmosphere west of 3rd Ave. That's where most of the bars/hotels/condos are. It's much louder and I can't say I'd recommend it as a place to live. It's not really unsafe, but it would probably be noisy.

I'd probably choose Neptune Beach over Jax Beach because it is less likely to flood in the more neighborhoody areas. It doesn't have any of the condos either. Atlantic Beach by the beach also has that feel and there are options in the OP's price range. There is the little downtown marketplace area in S. Atlantic Beach/N. Neptune Beach, but other than that, the beach side (E of 3rd St) of both towns are quiet neighborhoods.
Thank you

Old 12-08-2016, 07:21 AM

How are the areas in northeast AB?
East of Mayport Rd. closer to the beach.
I see some homes near Oceanwalk Dr area.
Any areas to avoid east of Selva Marina Drive to avoid?
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville