Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 06:22 PM

9 posts, read 13,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Hi. We are moving this summer to St John's County and we can't wait. Currently live in NY and have GHI for health insurance. Been looking at their website and there aren't that many doctors as there are where I live currently. So I've been toying with the idea of possibly switching my health insurance. I've looked at Aetna and Blue Cross, which are very expensive. What options are there in NE Florida for health insurance that won't make someone break the bank ? What do you guys have? Can't wait to be there this summer.

Just curious are you retired from NYC as well? I am looking to go down there as well and plan on visiting in August to look.. I looked into the healthcare as well and its far and in between with GHI. I was planning on getting another job down there with health benefits to make it easier. To pay for Aetna or any other is almost 1000 or more. I plan on looking in Nocatee, Durbin Crossing, Shearwater and maybe Rivertown. Let me know what you decide and if you already bought down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 11:23 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgat5553 View Post
Just curious are you retired from NYC as well? I am looking to go down there as well and plan on visiting in August to look.. I looked into the healthcare as well and its far and in between with GHI. I was planning on getting another job down there with health benefits to make it easier. To pay for Aetna or any other is almost 1000 or more. I plan on looking in Nocatee, Durbin Crossing, Shearwater and maybe Rivertown. Let me know what you decide and if you already bought down there.
Yes I am. We are moving to Durbin crossing. Love the area, location, neighbors we met so far. We haven't found jobs yet. It is something that concerns me. There are t too many ghi doctors in area with most of them in Orange Park area I noticed . Shear water we liked a lot but a little bit out of price range . Plus when we met with them we were told the CDD fees were $1200/year but they were going up to about $2000/year. Kinda backed off then. I don't know what the cdd fees are in shearwater now

My strong advice is if u are moving here , I'd move here sooner rather then later since piracies have increased and everyone says interest rates will likely increase too during the course of the year.

Good luck

Old 03-01-2017, 02:21 PM

410 posts, read 602,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
LOL, used to run 3-4 miles a day and work out 7 days a week (still work out but now down to 4-5 days/week). My knees are now shot and I'm 99% sure I have sleep apnea, not to mention borderline hypertensive blood pressure. They're bringing me in for an overnight sleep study at the Mayo next week,,not looking forward to it. I hit 40 and BAM!!

Other than that I feel like a million bucks!
Hey...good luck! Glad you can still workout, although I'm sure the recovery time is longer these days. That is one thing I've really noticed recently. I'm good for the workout, but if I exercise in the morning, I get tired earlier in the day and have to resort to a quick nap to feel better. People may say "40 is the new 20", but I think that's mostly in spirit!

Old 03-21-2017, 05:48 PM

9 posts, read 13,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Yes I am. We are moving to Durbin crossing. Love the area, location, neighbors we met so far. We haven't found jobs yet. It is something that concerns me. There are t too many ghi doctors in area with most of them in Orange Park area I noticed . Shear water we liked a lot but a little bit out of price range . Plus when we met with them we were told the CDD fees were $1200/year but they were going up to about $2000/year. Kinda backed off then. I don't know what the cdd fees are in shearwater now

My strong advice is if u are moving here , I'd move here sooner rather then later since piracies have increased and everyone says interest rates will likely increase too during the course of the year.

Good luck

Yes I know I see the prices are going up but hopefully my home here in NY will go up more than that and use that to possible pay full for house or very little mortgage.. Can I ask you in your searching do you think its cheaper to buy a resale or new construction. I know some are being sold already in Durbin Crossing and Nocatee. We also want to look at Bannon Lakes, Rivertown and a few of the other master planned communities. That's why I want to go down first and make sure we want to live in the area as we never visited but like the whole idea of and amenity centers and events that go on every weekend. Also does Durbin Crossing also have townhomes or condos as in-laws may want to move down too? I don't know if I can wait three more years to go down thing last snow storm has me rethinking. But my kids are in 9th grade and would like them to finish here but its getting harder and harder.

If you have any advise you can post it or dm me...

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: