Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:19 PM

43 posts, read 79,775 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are interested in moving to Jax from the Philadelphia area. We will be moving for warmer weather and promimity to the beach, and need good schools. We are only interested in a family friendly master planned community that would have pools, social events, walking trails, parks, etc. We found Nocatee online and originally were only considering that. However, they have a 10 month build time (could be longer) and not many resales. We really wanted to move this summer so our kids could start the next school year there. I am also concerned with school re-zoning and over crowding due to the size and growth of that neighborhood. We would like to explore other master planned communities, that feed into Ponte Vedra, Creekside, Bartram Trail or Nease high schools, as these seem to the the top rated in the district. Our kids 10 and 13 but we want to make sure they will be zoned for a good high school when they get there. Our price range is $500-600,000. I would appreciate any suggestions of other communities. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 12:40 PM

9,295 posts, read 8,203,406 times
For that price range your options are unlimited, with all the new developments it would be hard to list them all here. I would suggest hooking up with a local realtor here and having him/her show you some options in that price range and then schedule a trip out here to get a feel for the area and do a formal search. Be prepared to move fast though, the market here is still very hot.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM

6,277 posts, read 4,788,066 times
Not sure where you got that 10 month time frame but we were quoted much lower as we were looking for a home for our daughter. There are many new developments but Nocatee is a "sure thing" in terms of actually being finished. The others have grand plans and may someday come to fruition but Nocatee is much further along. I suggest you come for a visit and see for yourselves. I have a realtor who was immensely helpful in our search and is an expert in new construction (being a civil engineer, builder as well as a developer). I get nothing out of this except seeing someone find whats right for them. PM me if you want. My wife and I go to the developments for decorating ideas and have been to each multiple times. Good luck

Last edited by Thundarr457; 04-26-2017 at 07:12 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 08:00 PM

We were in Nocatee about two weeks ago. We only went to Coastal Oaks and the Outlook but they both said apx. 10 month build time. Where in Nocatee did you find a shorter build time? We do have a realtor but were hoping to get opinions from people who actually live in these communities. Thank you!

Old 04-27-2017, 06:28 AM

10 posts, read 11,766 times
Most builders also have spec homes that they build ahead of time, so that someone like you who doesn't have time to build can still get one of their homes. You may be able to get one of these homes in one of those neighborhoods for much less time than the normal build time.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:42 AM

Also, very good point about Nocatee coming to fruition but other new developments being uncertain. We are interested in new but also completed master planned communities. Again, if anyone has any they would recommend, please let me know. Thanks!

Old 04-27-2017, 10:55 AM

655 posts, read 853,262 times
Nocatee should only be a 6 month or 7 month. Also check all the builders websites as they list their quick move in aka inventory/spec homes with target completion dates. There should be a quite a few already available and some coming within the next 60-90 days.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:28 AM

I have been to every other planned community multiple times. Nocatee has everything either in place or planned. Twin Creeks will be nice with its lagoon but its only a hole in the ground now. Rivertown is far from everything. Palencia is farther from everything than Nocatee and very nice but nowhere near as many amenities except golf. Shearwater is a small community built around an amenity center. Markland is another small community and very nice. You really need to come and see for yourself. Nocatee is a self fulfilling prophesy the more they build the more amenities are built and it goes on and on. My doctor has his office there.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:32 PM

Does anyone know anything about Celestina, Durbin Crossing or Julington Lakes? They seem to be more convenient to shopping. We do plan to come down but will be on limited time with our schools being in session through most of June. We have to narrow it down to a couple communities before then since we'll only have the weekend.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffettjd View Post
Does anyone know anything about Celestina, Durbin Crossing or Julington Lakes? They seem to be more convenient to shopping. We do plan to come down but will be on limited time with our schools being in session through most of June. We have to narrow it down to a couple communities before then since we'll only have the weekend.
Those 3 communities you mentioned are all west of I-95 and are all near the new mega mall to be named Durbin Park. We have toured Celestina by CalAtlantic, Julington Lakes is a Toll Brothers community with houses starting at 350k+ and Durbin Crossing has been around a few years, is more established and has 6 builders to chose from. It depends what area you want to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: