Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 07:30 PM

10 posts, read 60,048 times

Advertisements

Can any one give me advice regarding if I were to take the mayport ferry every morning to jax if it makes logistic sense and is $worth it?Is it better to drive through Yulee and down 95?I may relocate and love Nassau but think the commute may be a bear.Time wise driving in rush hours to lets say the center of Jax what type of real time can I expect? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 04:54 PM

22 posts, read 124,175 times
I can't really say how long it'll take you but another route you could take is Hecksher Drive to 9A. I've only ridden the ferry twice and both times on weekends. It seems that if you're heading towards the Mayport area, it saves a lot of time. I don't know anything about commuting from that area so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 AM

49 posts, read 271,448 times
I knew a gentleman that lived near Harris Teeter right on Amelia Island and he worked at Mayport. He took the ferry everyday. If you live on that side of town, it is easier than driving all the way through Fernandina over to Yulee and then up to I-95. But, it depends on where you live. I know a few who live near the bridge in Fernandina or in Yulee that take Route 17 South into Jacksonville, but then again it depends on where you live. I-95 cuts through the city and although mileage wise it may be a shorter route; between the never ending construction and regular weekly traffic, it can be slow. Local routes are also slow because they are far apart. Taking the ferry is more reliable and relaxing, but again, I stress, it depends on where you work. Even if you take the ferry, you may have to drive through congested traffic just to get there. If you work in JAX Beach, and live in Fernandina, the ferry can be an excellent option as it is reliable and traffic heading toward the beach moves at a better clip than traffic heading into Downtown JAX.

I lived in Yulee and it took me 1 hour 20 min. to get to my doctor's office in JAX Beach, between the drive over there and waiting for the ferry that comes every 30 min.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville