Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 04:18 PM

989 posts, read 768,841 times

Advertisements

We live in St. Auggie.... (As the locals call it ). Before buying we rented for 3 years.... Looked around everywhere from JAX to Palm coast. There is simply no better place to live around these parts. Tourists yes, but you get used to them, we always remember they are bringing prosperity to our city. As a result down town is always well looked after. Personally I would not live in downtown St. Auggie, 2% taxes is very silly. But St. Auggie beach is ideal. Lower RE taxes, and all the benefits of downtown but 3 miles away, enough to keep the tourists from really bugging you. Not that they do, again they bring prosperity to our city. When you know where to park, (local Knowledge) there is no issue going down town for a stroll or a nice meal. Plus we have the best kept secret on the planet, St Augustine Beach....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 09:56 AM

203 posts, read 310,453 times
Thanks All. I guess I should have specified that we are only considering St. Augustine west of i-95 - mostly off of Cty Rd 210. Any thoughts on this area?

Old 03-28-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelma123 View Post
Thanks All. I guess I should have specified that we are only considering St. Augustine west of i-95 - mostly off of Cty Rd 210. Any thoughts on this area?
Ha Ha, the locals do not consider that St. Augustine. It is World Golf "P"ilage and North County..... It maybe labeled as St. Auggie, but surely has none of the charm. Yes we are very picky locals....

Old 03-29-2018, 12:32 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
I would agree to some extent with the above post. While the very northern tip of St Augustine is still technically within the city limits, I rarely think of that area as St Augustine. I think of it more as St Johns. I consider St Augustine further south and not quite so cookie-cutter. But I know that is changing with each and every passing year.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:41 PM

112 posts, read 130,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbacigalupo View Post
Hello. Looking to move out of Maryland. I’m s single mother with a 22 and 16 yo daughters. I’m tired of the cold weather and really need a change. I want a nice place where my kids can have a good time and I can have some quiet. Would love to have some feedback ❤️
We've been in MD for 2 years and considering a move to St. Augustine as well. Not a fan of the cold.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:19 PM

455 posts, read 669,367 times
For those trying to escape the cold, do you find St. Augustine warm enough in the winter?
If not, where would you go along the East Coast of Florida? Not too over-crowded, warm winters. We are retirees in our 60’s but don’t need a retirement community. Just wondering how happy people are with north Florida weather.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
For those trying to escape the cold, do you find St. Augustine warm enough in the winter?
If not, where would you go along the East Coast of Florida? Not too over-crowded, warm winters. We are retirees in our 60’s but don’t need a retirement community. Just wondering how happy people are with north Florida weather.
It is great for 4 season living. It really does not get that cold and not for very long. Probably the ground freezes perhaps 5 - 10 nights a year and them warms up again during the day.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:24 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
We’ve been in northeastern FL some 10 years now and it definitely gets colder than we thought it would. Have seen a daytime high of 45. That’s not cold compared to up north, but.

We’ve been thru a few tropical storms, Matthew and Irma. Irma went right over us with some extensive damage.

You do know about the high humidity, right?

North Florida is fine, for those that like Florida. We are among some that don’t anymore and plan on leaving Florida altogether. It just isn’t to our liking anymore. But, that’s us.
BTW, we are in our early 70’s.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:12 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
I think you could save yourself a lot of typing. Beneath your username you can state the following:

"I'm LoveBoating and I'll be leaving FL very soon"

That way you wouldn't have to repeat it with each and every post. Just a thought.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:11 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I think you could save yourself a lot of typing. Beneath your username you can state the following:

"I'm LoveBoating and I'll be leaving FL very soon"

That way you wouldn't have to repeat it with each and every post. Just a thought.
LOL and very true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville