Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:01 PM

33 posts, read 88,118 times

Advertisements

For Palencia, I understand that the agreement with Litestream extends until December 31, 2014.
There's no telling what the HOA will do, so unless I hear otherwise, I'm crossing Palencia off my list too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 02:00 PM

22 posts, read 29,706 times
Litestream is the worst Internet provider on the planet. Their customer service(or customer no service as Mr. Howard calls it) is pathetic.

I wish I had known before we rented this house that some MORON signed an agreement with these losers before we moved in. I'm renting in St. Johns Forest. Love the community for the most part, but this lack of an internet connection would be enough to keep me from buying.

They are unable to provide a consistent connection and for someone that works from home it's critical for me. Two or three times per day the connection drops. I'm forced to restart my hardware based VPN device. I'm constantly being dropped from calls.

I have called, and called, they sent a tech to the house and he said the connection to my home was fine, it had to be something in their system outside. He said they would send an engineer to look at it, never heard from anyone. I have now started calling each time it drops. I asked to speak to a manager, said they were busy and would call me back. Never got a call back.

I verified today with the HOA they have a signed contact until end of 2015. They will still own the infrastructure after that so there is no telling when the problem will be resolved. Whoever signed this contact with Litestream should be fired and run out of town!

STAY AWAY!

Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 4,175 times
We moved to the St. Johns Forest Community 2,5 years ago NOT knowing that the Litestream company was such a bad company with extremely bad service. Since 2,5 years we have problems with Litestreaam and sometimes so bad, that I have to take my computer and go to the next Starbucks because the service there is 1000-times better. Calling them...doesn't make ANY sense. The connection IN THE HOUSE seems to be OK so far but the connection from the house to the distribution seems to have a lot of noise. Especially after a few rainy days. Complain with Litestream has the same effect as speaking with a Chinese person. Service is not something what Litestream has in their vocabulary. CONCLUSION: Litestream is one of the WORST companies ever. You get better service in ANY 3rd World country especially if you live in a community were the board get pampered with little presents and parties for Children. For Money you can buy almost everything. I have AND PAY for one of the highest Internet speed available with Litestream but I am NOT ABLE to download a youtube movie in the morning and afternoon times. Calling these people to complain doesn't help you and got already that the person on the other side just cut the conversation. It is a SHAME for the St Johns Forest community that they don't let any other provider in the community.

I am so disappointed with the efforts IN our community AND the service from Litestream that I am not even sure if I will stay in this community.
Complaining with the board or/and Litestream has the same effect as running against the wall

Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCobb View Post
We moved to the St. Johns Forest Community 2,5 years ago NOT knowing that the Litestream company was such a bad company with extremely bad service. Since 2,5 years we have problems with Litestreaam and sometimes so bad, that I have to take my computer and go to the next Starbucks because the service there is 1000-times better. Calling them...doesn't make ANY sense. The connection IN THE HOUSE seems to be OK so far but the connection from the house to the distribution seems to have a lot of noise. Especially after a few rainy days. Complain with Litestream has the same effect as speaking with a Chinese person. Service is not something what Litestream has in their vocabulary. CONCLUSION: Litestream is one of the WORST companies ever. You get better service in ANY 3rd World country especially if you live in a community were the board get pampered with little presents and parties for Children. For Money you can buy almost everything. I have AND PAY for one of the highest Internet speed available with Litestream but I am NOT ABLE to download a youtube movie in the morning and afternoon times. Calling these people to complain doesn't help you and got already that the person on the other side just cut the conversation. It is a SHAME for the St Johns Forest community that they don't let any other provider in the community.

I am so disappointed with the efforts IN our community AND the service from Litestream that I am not even sure if I will stay in this community.
Complaining with the board or/and Litestream has the same effect as running against the wall
What prevents you from calling Comcast (or whoever) and have them bring in Internet to your home?

Old 09-19-2014, 12:15 PM

9,385 posts, read 8,356,698 times
Litestream has a contract with several communities so they can't just sign up with anyone else.

And I'll say it again....thank GOD I found this thread when we moved here. I can so relate to the bad internet connection/working from home issue, it took 5 years off my life in Colorado. Swore I'd never do it again.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:12 AM

Again and like always. NO INTERNET from Litestream. I am asking myself how many people Litestream has on their payroll becasue I was HOPING that the HOA was going to kick Litestream OUT. Paying for the highest internet speed and I am NOT able to download even a youtube movie. Thats worst then 3rd World technoligy and the worst service ever My question when Litestream is going to pay the money back to my account becasue of the service I dont get for my money, the person on the other side hang up. On Monday I was told that the switch to the "new system" is not as announced via the community info between the 22 and 29 of Sept, but going to be AFTER the 29th. Somehow......

Old 09-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Man, I'm really sorry.....been there, done that and I know how stressful it can be. If I'm you I go to every single HOA meeting and just be a thorn in their side as much and as often as I can.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:04 PM

TODAY 09.29.2014 Litestream swiched over to the "new digital system" Now 95 of the programs we had before are gone. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get ANYONE on the phone from these people. This is modern Communism pushing the people to pay for the crapy programs they have. THis is simply amazing and a shame at the same time. Bandits!!! And YES Florida2014....we should attend EVERY single meeting to see who is holding his hands open because this is the only explanation why Litestream is still in this community.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:06 PM

@SaintCabbage
Yo know what??? I have tried to get AT&T or another internet provider but the HOA doesnt let ANY OTHER internet provider except LITESTREAM in the community. Now that is what I call COMMUNISM

Old 09-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Can you get by with a satellite service until the Litestream contract is over? Probably not if you require fast connections but at least most satellite ISPs are reliable (there are exceptions, of course). I know their speeds have improved over the years but obviously nowhere near a cable subscriber.

Would the HOA even know if you signed up for DSL? How does that work, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville