U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 03:49 PM

11 posts, read 24,938 times

Advertisements

I am moving with my family to that area to live with my wifes parents for awhile from NJ. Can anyone tell me what the area is like by the Kennel Club (Or what is the Kennel Club?) is like. I will be livivng off of Commonwealth Ave near Rte 111. Any ideas of what to expect in that area?

Also can anyone tell me what to expect in JAX. Even comments from replanted NJers like me would be helpful.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 04:58 PM

236 posts, read 1,020,551 times
I can't tell you about the area, but I can tell you that the Kennel Club is a dog racing track.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:32 PM

8,204 posts, read 33,275,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpl View Post
I am moving with my family to that area to live with my wifes parents for awhile from NJ. Can anyone tell me what the area is like by the Kennel Club (Or what is the Kennel Club?) is like. I will be livivng off of Commonwealth Ave near Rte 111. Any ideas of what to expect in that area?

Also can anyone tell me what to expect in JAX. Even comments from replanted NJers like me would be helpful.

Have you visited that area before? And is this a temporary stop (living with family)?

Commonwealth/McDuff/West Beaver has a lot of industrial businesses (you'll see the train tracks right there). It's kind of a rough area (sorry!). There are some cute houses and some decent sized lots, it can have kind of a "country" type feel in places, so I can see the appeal for some folks. There's the obvious home price appeal too.

You'll be able to get onto I295/9A pretty easily from that area, and that will help you get around and explore Jacksonville.

If you decide to settle in Jacksonville, I recommend checking out all different parts of it - the area you'll be moving to is one kind of Jacksonville, but there are many other kinds of areas. Be sure to look around well before settling in one spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville