U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
236 posts, read 966,661 times
Reputation: 182

Advertisements

Anyone know why there are suddenly a bunch of ads for condos for rent at Ortega Farms? It looks like a cool place for the money, but if it's falling apart or on fire, I don't want to consdider it.

The ones in particular I'm referring to are at Ortega Farms and Timuquana. I can't remember the name.

Last edited by WitchDoctor; 03-17-2008 at 08:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2008, 08:39 PM
 
709 posts, read 1,944,713 times
Reputation: 294
Timuquana, I don't recommend. But going towards 17, I like Ortega.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
 
870 posts, read 1,897,105 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post
Anyone know why there are suddenly a bunch of ads for condos for rent at Ortega Farms? It looks like a cool place for the money, but if it's falling apart or on fire, I don't want to consdider it.

The ones in particular I'm referring to are at Ortega Farms and Timuquana. I can't remember the name.

Maybe these are apartments that have been renovated into condos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
236 posts, read 966,661 times
Reputation: 182
I've come to find out that the buildings are about 40 years old. It was (and still may be) The Venetian. They were converted to condos in the 80's and that project was botched pretty badly. There were all sorts of roof, water and sewer problems. It would seem that that's all been fixed.

I guess there were actually only two or three units available when I made the original post, they were just well advertised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2008, 05:02 PM
 
870 posts, read 1,897,105 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post
I've come to find out that the buildings are about 40 years old. It was (and still may be) The Venetian. They were converted to condos in the 80's and that project was botched pretty badly. There were all sorts of roof, water and sewer problems. It would seem that that's all been fixed.

I guess there were actually only two or three units available when I made the original post, they were just well advertised.
I remember reading an article (a few yrs ago) in the Times-Union about that place. There were people who bought units that were pretty upset with the problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Jax
8,204 posts, read 31,559,842 times
Reputation: 3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
Timuquana, I don't recommend. But going towards 17, I like Ortega.
I like Ortega too, but Ortega Farms is completely different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
236 posts, read 966,661 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I like Ortega too, but Ortega Farms is completely different.


That is hard for an outsider to understand. If I said, "I like horses, but mules are completely different", most people wouldn't know what I meant.

I take it that it's not as nice as Ortega proper. Is it the traffic, crime, lack of grocery stores other than Piggly Wiggly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 AM
 
709 posts, read 1,944,713 times
Reputation: 294
It is traffic, drugs, more drugs, abandoned stolen cars and crime in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
236 posts, read 966,661 times
Reputation: 182
Thanks for the clarification. Everyone has a different threshold of acceptability and I'm just trying to narrow down the many options.

Riveree, I apologize if I seemed short. I was pressed for time when I wrote that last post and it was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Jax
8,204 posts, read 31,559,842 times
Reputation: 3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
It is traffic, drugs, more drugs, abandoned stolen cars and crime in general
Yes, exactly what I meant.

Sorry Witchdoctor, I thought you had already looked into the area and driven through it. Ortega is an upscale, old money kind of neighborhood (beautiful homes and estates), but Ortega Farms is not like Ortega, see Apanda's description above .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top