Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 07:43 AM

48 posts, read 50,661 times

Advertisements

I would like to move early next year. I am 47 y/o female - no children. I am looking any where between Ponte Verda Beach to Atlantic Beach - maybe a bit inland. Looking for a small town feel but close enough to shopping and gyms. I work in the financial/brokerage field - so close enough commute (30mins?) to financial area. I don't hang out in bars- so that type of area does not appeal to me. Looking more for laid back and active (yoga, walking, biking) area. Also what is the dating scene like in these areas?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 12:09 PM

318 posts, read 467,255 times
If was single and looking for a laid back fun lifestyle, I would say Ponte Vedra Beach or Jax Beach.

That area predominantly because you are not that far from great shopping and the beach!

Mandarin has nice a community feel, IMHO, but not that close to the ocean. Sorry but I have no clue about the dating scene. You might want to go online to some of the dating sites and scope out where the cool people are from!

Old 03-30-2018, 12:43 PM

6,419 posts, read 4,913,806 times
I agree Ponte Vedra Beach or Jax, Atlantic or Neptune Beaches. My PT lives in Neptune and loves it. Jax Beach is party central on the weekend but there are plenty of options away from that area. As far as the dating scene, try Match or one of the other online sites. Good luck.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:01 PM

96 posts, read 135,139 times
You may want to look closely at Neptune Beach, west of 3rd St. you'll find quiet neighborhoods, easily bikeable and close to the beaches if you want to go for a drink or enjoy the sand.
Another option might be intracoastal west - the San Pablo Rd. area. Close to everything, but quieter and less expensive than beachside.
Will you be renting or buying?

Old 04-02-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGCTFL View Post
You may want to look closely at Neptune Beach, west of 3rd St. you'll find quiet neighborhoods, easily bikeable and close to the beaches if you want to go for a drink or enjoy the sand.
Another option might be intracoastal west - the San Pablo Rd. area. Close to everything, but quieter and less expensive than beachside.
Will you be renting or buying?
I plan to rent for at least 1 year. Then decide if I like it or not. I recently moved to Austin and am giving myself 1 year (wish I gave myself less time). Dont like it here at all.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 PM

306 posts, read 328,244 times
My aunt and uncle live in Marsh Landing, area by Ponte Vedra Beach, she grew up there and really like that area, nice and quiet neighborhood and just an easy bike ride or walk to beach! I have a friend that lives in Atlantic Beach and she really likes it there as well, maybe not as partyish as Jax Beach proper area but close enough to walk or bike down to for nightlife!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:30 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySoCalGirl View Post
I plan to rent for at least 1 year. Then decide if I like it or not. I recently moved to Austin and am giving myself 1 year (wish I gave myself less time). Dont like it here at all.
What about Austin don't you like?

Old 04-03-2018, 06:43 AM

370 posts, read 325,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
What about Austin don't you like?
Inland, hot, liberal. I can go on.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 843904 View Post
Inland, hot, liberal. I can go on.
People are not very friendly here. They pretend to be but are not. And it's like Suburban Sprawl on steroids! A city without character.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:14 PM

38 posts, read 46,479 times
Compared to Minnesota (if you aren't a native Minnesotan anyway) they are like your best friend here. The area I moved into has pretty nice neighbors. Some stopped by an introduced themselves while I was unloading stuff. One place in Minnesota, even after a year, I had no idea who one of my neighbors was. I stopped by several times to introduce myself but they never answered the door. I gave up waving to them when I saw them outside.

So far the biggest downside I see is not a very active art and cultural scene. I think maybe Minneapolis was pretty good in these areas specially on a per capita basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville