U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 251 times

Advertisements

Coming from MA. We are interested in a three month winter rental (house or condo) in Ponte Vedra on a reasonably priced golf course (don't want to spend 25K+ initiation fee). Hoping to spend some time there and get acclimated to the area before moving permanently. Previously lived in the Ormond Beach and did not like the area. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what neighborhood would be most suitable. There are so many neighborhoods and homes for sale on Realtor.com it is difficult to figure out which one would be best. Looking for a 2-3 bedroom, hopefully with a screened porch and pet friendly. I appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 06:17 PM

76 posts, read 89,023 times
The only short term rentals that can come with a golf membership that I know of in Ponte Vedra Beach are in Sawgrass Country Club.

Sawgrass Country Club (the neighborhood east of A1A, NOT the one where TPC is played) has a lot of condos, many of which are rentals (usually for month long or longer). Some of those rentals allow you to pay extra for a membership to Sawgrass Country Club for the duration of your stay.

That's the only place I know of. There may be some short term rentals in Sawgrass TPC, and if so you might be able to play golf at one of the courses in there, but I doubt you'd be able to get a trial membership.

The only other short term rentals I can think of will be on the ocean. Are you committed to having the rental be on a golf course?

Finally, I can't think of any golf course in the area that doesn't have a $25k+ initial fee. Maybe Oakbridge? But its future is up in the air right now.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:32 AM

990 posts, read 1,025,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJax View Post
The only short term rentals that can come with a golf membership that I know of in Ponte Vedra Beach are in Sawgrass Country Club.

Sawgrass Country Club (the neighborhood east of A1A, NOT the one where TPC is played) has a lot of condos, many of which are rentals (usually for month long or longer). Some of those rentals allow you to pay extra for a membership to Sawgrass Country Club for the duration of your stay.

That's the only place I know of. There may be some short term rentals in Sawgrass TPC, and if so you might be able to play golf at one of the courses in there, but I doubt you'd be able to get a trial membership.

The only other short term rentals I can think of will be on the ocean. Are you committed to having the rental be on a golf course?

Finally, I can't think of any golf course in the area that doesn't have a $25k+ initial fee. Maybe Oakbridge? But its future is up in the air right now.
Sawgrass CC used to allow weekly memberships but they stopped that several years ago and now require tenants leasing a property to apply for a month long temp membership at a very minimum. In addition, temp memberships are only available to those leasing a property owned by an active Sawgrass CC member so not all rentals allow you to obtain temp memberships. There are other restrictions.

* Social/Golf/Tennis is $2,250 per month

* Social only is $1,500 per month (have access to Beach Club, Fitness Center, Pools and dining - no golf privileges but tennis is available for a daily fee)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or