Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:43 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajjic View Post
I live here in LA and I plan on moving to J,ville here in Los Angeles I'm not going to lie it's tension here between blacks and latins is that a problem in J,ville? Because I'm a black man who has had to go through some of those evil looks you know I don't understand the deal why it's so much tension here but it's pretty bad here I know when I went to J,ville I seen it was a lot of ricans there and they was real cool with me very friendly in LA it's more Mexicans and they seem to don't like us that much it seems at least from those looks and the times I tried to speak like when I say hello they just roll their eyes and give me a look like don't talk to me.
Your most likely going to get quite a few different opinions on this. I would have to say it really just depends on where in Jville you are at. I am a white female and I have friends of all races that all get along and dont have many problems with anyone. I have also seen some painfully racist people though. I have never had any problems with racism in Jville and I dont know anyone that has, but I have heard some people on city-data say that it is a big thing in Jville. I guess that is all really depends on where you are living in Jax and who you associate with. When I was in high school (I brought up high school because thats normally where you see alot of the clicks..lol) it always seemed like the blacks and latins got along very well, but again, I have always been friends with people of all different races so, I havent really even thought about it. I know thats not very helpful, but that has been my experience.. Now, as far as Jacksonville not having gangs thats not true. Its a sad fact, but there are plenty of gangs in Jville just like with any other large city. There are alot of smaller gangs or "homegrown" gangs as someone said, alot of the time they are named after their neighborhood or the side of town that they are from.. But I went to school with some Latin Kings, Crips and Bloods (more Crips than Latin Kings and not very many Bloods at all). I had quite a few friends that ended up getting involved with Crips and down here in tiny Palm Coast there are ALOT of Crips and Bloods. When I was in school I would never wear any red because so many of my friends were getting involved with Crips that they told me to never wear any red. It was a sad thing to see so many of these people that I grew up with get involved with these gangs.. they were doing it just to be "cool" and they had no idea how serious it really was/ is. I am not saying that gangs are a big problem in Jville, but they are definitly there just like in most large cities. Racism thought, is one thing that I have to say I have never had any problems with. If you arent racist yourself I dont see why you would have any problems with the whole race thing! Good luck in your move and I hope you enjoy Jacksonville!

Last edited by PitBullMommie1206; 06-28-2007 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,435 times
northsidejacksonville ..... What do you think gangs are lol ? Jacksonville has many gangs ..... People in jacksonville wouldnt know what to look for to identify a gang member.

Last edited by NorthsideZone5; 06-30-2007 at 08:03 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 02:24 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Default Moderator Please.....

This thread is getting really stupid really fast. Can we shut this one down quick, before it turns into a shooting gallery??

I guess the question is legitimate enough, but sheesh, the difference between Jax and LA is like night and day.

You're right, this thread has run its' course and we're closing it now. -Mod

Last edited by riveree; 07-12-2008 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville