Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:52 AM

45 posts, read 56,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Yes, there is a washer and dryer in every apartment. I should know, every Monday I do our laundry while wife is at work (I'm retired, she's not).

The complex name is Elements of Belle Rive, which is next to Belle Rive Blvd, off of Southside Blvd.
Thanks for the information. I'm on a travel now and couldn't answer right away. We were driving around and stopped by the leasing office. It looks nice from outside. The things that I didn't like, to other apartments as well, is that they offer at least 7 months lease. The price with 7 or 11 month is even higher. These are the hidden cost and I would like to share with everyone when planning a move. This is how they make a profit, because breaking a contract will cost you even more. They mentioned that they don't do month by month because of the hotel tax...... Why hotel tax for leasing a property? I assume that the leasing agent just made this up. So, I keep looking, but I'm considering other cities, too. I actually liked Jacksonville weather, I liked the greenery. I didn't have much time to go around. I find Costco gas station only in Orange Park, a new business that is not even on the Google map yet. The traffic across the bridge was an issue. In general, what I saw, the city looks like all cities that means o.k. The area of St Johns Mall looks very similar to where I live now.

Last edited by nike M; 06-07-2018 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike M View Post
Thanks for the information. I'm on a travel now and couldn't answer right away. We were driving around and stopped by the leasing office. It looks nice from outside. The things that I didn't like, to other apartments as well, is that they offer at least 7 months lease. The price with 7 or 11 month is even higher. These are the hidden cost and I would like to share with everyone when planning a move. This is how they make a profit, because breaking a contract will cost you even more. They mentioned that they don't do month by month because of the hotel tax...... Why hotel tax for leasing a property? I assume that the leasing agent just made this up. So, I keep looking, but I'm considering other cities, too. I actually liked Jacksonville weather, I liked the greenery. I didn't have much time to go around. I find Costco gas station only in Orange Park, a new business that is not even on the Google map yet. The traffic across the bridge was an issue. In general, what I saw, the city looks like all cities that means o.k. The area of St Johns Mall looks very similar to where I live now.

Well, have to edit this after talking to our Leasing Manager. She told me that they do month-to-month for people who first lease an apartment and the lease ends and the residents need to go to month-to-month.

Still don't know about the "hidden costs" thing. We pay for water, trash/sewer and that's it.

As far as the bridge goes, knows as the Buckman Bridge, that is why we chose to live on the southside of the bridge. Traffic can/does get very heavy on that bridge during the weekday rush hour.

There is a Costco store at the SJTC.

St Johns Mall? The only malls around here are Regency Square, The Avenues, Orange Park Mall and the St John's Town Center (major shopping area, not a mall).

Last edited by BabyBoomers2; 06-07-2018 at 09:37 AM..

Old 06-07-2018, 02:43 PM

272 posts, read 1,001,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonvilleNative View Post
A good way to divide these areas is using Interstate 95. I would stay east of 95. On the westside of 95, the farther north you go the better it gets but it is a lot of rural mixed with newer subdivisions. East of 95 is building up fast but still has a good bit of rural.

Another way to divide it is zip code. check out areas in the 32218,32219 and 32226.

2 of those you mentioned, Mayport and Ft Caroline are on the other side of the river. There are some desirable areas there and are closer to the beach.
Just to clarify, IMO, east of 95 is good for NORTH of downtown.
Perfectly good areas (Mandarin, St. Johns) west of 95 in the Southern parts of Duval/St. Johns.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:23 PM

LoveBoating, I meant St Johns Towne Center, their Costco doesn't have a gas station. Regarding the lease options, see the printouts at the office. By hidden cost I mean that forcing people to sign a long [in their terms short] time lease leads to unexpected costs if leaving before the lease end.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:36 PM

dizliz0925, can you give some ZIPs of the areas that you've mentioned?

Old 06-08-2018, 09:12 AM

661 posts, read 867,752 times
dizliz mentioned Mandarin area which is 32223 (conjested area but pretty nice).Northern St Johns county is just south of there (32259, 32081, 32092, 32095) The latter two are closer to St Augustine. Not sure about the east of 95 and north of downtown. Yulee is 32041, 32097 which is a growing area just north of Jax and east of 95.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
dizliz mentioned Mandarin area which is 32223 (conjested area but pretty nice).Northern St Johns county is just south of there (32259, 32081, 32092, 32095) The latter two are closer to St Augustine. Not sure about the east of 95 and north of downtown. Yulee is 32041, 32097 which is a growing area just north of Jax and east of 95.
Thank you so much! I just came back from my travel to FL. Even though I read negative comments about Jacksonville, I have a positive impression. No one place is perfect. The next step for me is to find a job.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Well, have to edit this after talking to our Leasing Manager. She told me that they do month-to-month for people who first lease an apartment and the lease ends and the residents need to go to month-to-month.
Here I forgot to mention that they want me to apply at least 60 days before the move-in date.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 15,503 times
Quote:
We have lived on the Southside, just north of The Avenues Mall, since January 2009. We live in a "bungalow" style 2-bedroom apartment, which means there is nobody above us. Our apartment is at the end of the building, but there are only four "bungalow's" in the complex. Shopping is very, very close and the SJTC is only a few miles away. A person can go straight down Southside Blvd to JTB (actually is a freeway), go south and get off right down the street from Mayo.

The area we live in is very nice and darn near no crime, really. There are part of the Southside that you do want to stay away from...….like perhaps University Blvd., Beach Blvd. at Southside and Baymeadows at the 95 Freeway. They aren't the most popular places to live. But, do HIGHLY recommend the other parts of the Southside.
Can you provide any zip codes for the good parts of Southside area? Considering taking a Federal position there. Not familiar with area at all.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:32 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelchick0222 View Post
Can you provide any zip codes for the good parts of Southside area? Considering taking a Federal position there. Not familiar with area at all.
32256 area aka Avenues Mall area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville