Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:45 PM

354 posts, read 385,518 times

Advertisements

Millenials were the generation molded by the baby boomers. Perhaps you should start studying there to determine the reasons why millenials are so attached and empathetic for their animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 06:16 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
I think some of your posts are reflective of the reason why people love animals over surly curmudgeons.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:33 AM

9 posts, read 28,795 times
My grandfather passed away 20 years ago at 85. He had two German Shepherd dogs that went everywhere with him. He fed them from his plate, he cooked their dinner every night, and to be honest he showed them love that he was incapable of showing many other people. This is not a generational problem.
OP I hope you find a good place to take your dog off leash. One of my dogs is very social and loves the water. I can’t wait until I can take him for his runs on the shore although he will be leashed because I do not want to risk him going too far in the water. Poor guy sinks like an anchor and hates his life vest. We are currently looking for a home in the St Augustine beach area and I checked into pets on the beach. It seems that most places around there will allow leashed dogs which is great considering some places do not allow dogs at all.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:18 AM

370 posts, read 325,565 times
If by surly curmudgeons you mean people who have enough sense to see what's happening (pet worship is simply not normal...stop acting like it is), then by all means!

Save the humans!

Old 05-30-2018, 12:18 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843904 View Post
If by surly curmudgeons you mean people who have enough sense to see what's happening (pet worship is simply not normal...stop acting like it is), then by all means!

Save the humans!
Not normal is coming onto a thread where someone innocently asks about pet friendly areas of a city they are moving to and spinning it into how crazy people are for "worshiping" their dogs.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:41 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
On the subject of dogs, I have a Rottweiler who's very sweet & loves the neighborhood children in my neighborhood. Upon first glance, people think he's a vicious killer dog but my dog warms up to people relatively quick. At the same time, my dog is very good at sensing unsavory people and reverts to his vicious side. Love him like my own child, and I don't care what others think of it.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:03 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarpeg View Post
What in the world has happened to our society where dogs have become the center of peoples lives. I have wondered about this. Is it some societal disconnect? Is it a fad? It is especially prevalent with older wealthy people. Dogs everywhere. In the morning they are out thick as thieves following fido with their plastic bags. So gross and humiliating. Old men that never would have changed their own children's diapers. People pushing dogs in baby carriages, sending them to the doggy pool. Going to the dog park to socialize with the other dogs. Last weekend I was eating breakfast at the Beach Diner here in town and there was a woman kissing and loving her dog up. Right in her chair, up on the table. If that was not gross enough, just think someone else is going to eat at that table in a few minutes. I see them in the grocery store now, at home depot, at my bar where they get into dog fights as there are so many. In the parking lot at the mall there are a bunch of cars just idling away to keep the AC going to keep the dog cool they insisted must go everywhere with them. Just pay attention to the TV for a moment. Dogs are being inserted into almost every advertisement. There is always a dog story now on the nightly news. Yes 30 minutes of world news and some of that time seems to always be a dog story!! I could keep going on like this but, you see what I am getting at. Something has gone awry. Something is not right. This is a symptom of a much larger issue. I don't know what it is exactly, maybe people feel unloved in the modern world by other people. Whatever it is I find it troubling. In regards to the question, here on Amelia Island you CAN NOT have your dog off the leash. If you let your dog run on the beach unleashed and get caught it is $200 fine. They do patrol for this as last year a woman was mauled by a loose dog....and please do not respond with, my dog would never do that. Everyone says that, which is why the rules are in place.

you must live a sad life... Dogs are the greatest. Yeah I feel the same way about children as you do about dogs. The world is overpopulated and yet people are still creating them. Why are there so many and why would anyone want one. Gross. At least with dogs you are saving a life, rather than taking up space by creating an unnecessary one.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:09 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843904 View Post
But I also value HUMAN life more than that of a pet. Why don't you?
Because most humans are awful, awful people. Case in point

Dogs are wonderful.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:22 AM

370 posts, read 325,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Because most humans are awful, awful people.
You've done more to make my point than you'll ever know. You also need a serious mental health evaluation.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:13 PM

75 posts, read 103,463 times
Hi-I can tell you that Atlantic Beach will allow dogs, leashed, during all hours of the day. The only time the dog can be unleashed is when he/she is in the water and you must have complete control of the dog. Jacksonville Beach will not allow dogs, at all, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the busy summer months but they can be leashed any time from October to March. Neptune Beach has the same rules as Jacksonville Beach. In St. Johns County, dogs are allowed on all beaches (leashed) except for Anastasia State Park. Basically, the dog has to be leashed and only allowed on some beaches during certain times. I personally love Atlantic Beach and Hanna Park beach. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville