Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 PM

13 posts, read 153,467 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if most of the murder victims in Jacksonville are young African-American males? Also, does a majority of crime happen in the black communities? Are African-Americans the main victims of crimes? Your comments would be appreciated?

Old 12-13-2006, 06:04 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,578 times
I dont have the exact data, but as a long time observer here in Jax, I would say that the majority of violent crime is committed by young black males against other blacks. Although there is a large amount of black on white crime too.

Young white males are also a high crime group but they generally committ violent crime at about 1/7th the rate of young black males from what I have read about the subject.

Certain areas of Jacksonville like the Arlington Area experienced an explosive growth of violent crime after government housing projects were moved to the area and the demographic mix changed to predominately black. Fourty years ago Arlington was mostly all white lower middle class and the high school did not have a crime problem outside petty vandalism and occasional fights between the greasers and the jocks. Now it is over 50 percent black, and a white student was murdered by blacks as he sat outside the school awaiting a ride home and another white student was murdered by blacks in Sandalwood High school near by reciently.

Now the Federal Governments wants to put a subsidised housing project in Mandarin

The fear of black crime promotes white flight away from the Duval County Schools into Northern St Johns County and Clay County. This is not the whole story by any means but it is a major factor in the booming construction of new housing in these counties.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvindiggs88 View Post
I would like to know if most of the murder victims in Jacksonville are young African-American males? Also, does a majority of crime happen in the black communities? Are African-Americans the main victims of crimes? Your comments would be appreciated?
That's true in many aspects not only for Jacksonville, but other cities nationwide. The murders that go down here in Jax are cats fighting over drug spots, neighborhood rivalries, etc.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:43 PM

7 posts, read 35,862 times
I've noticed a lot of white on white crime as well. The crime rate is a sad, sad thing here...

Old 01-06-2007, 07:47 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Crime is very bad here in Jax and I am from south Florida. It's very racist and I am white. It's very Christian fundamentalist and I am a Christian. It's an intolerant area all around. The sheriff's office is unresponsive, the fire department is riddled with racism (just concluded an FBI investigation) and morale is low. HOWEVER, I do believe that it has no where to go but up. There are many moving in from other areas, so change is coming. And the weather and beaches are fantastic!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 AM

216 posts, read 475,332 times
Default crime is dependent on location and activity.

Put it this way, I'd rather deliver pizzas in Baghdad than North Jacksonville.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 PM

25 posts, read 175,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayrunner View Post
Put it this way, I'd rather deliver pizzas in Baghdad than North Jacksonville.
Yeah right!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 04:37 PM

6 posts, read 39,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvindiggs88 View Post

Yes it is but not all of the crimes. Most of the crimes are based on drugs.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:42 PM

6 posts, read 39,212 times
Pleas Lets End The Violence

Old 04-11-2008, 10:28 AM

77 posts, read 321,519 times
Searchable Index:

Jacksonville.com (http://www.jacksonville.com/databases/news/homicides/index.shtml - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville