Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 09:40 PM

52 posts, read 253,727 times

Advertisements

So I have been house hunting recently. I have looked in Bartram Park road and newer developments on Race Track road, also Nocatee. My budget is between 250k and 325k. Looking for 3br or 4br and at least 2 baths around 2000sq. From driving around the homes in Nocatee appear nicer, but lot sizes smaller. Bartram area is closer to 95 and homes are priced less. Advice from anyone that has lived or home searched in either area. This is not my retirement home. I plan to live in it for 5 years maybe longer. Which area would give me the best resell value? What area is probably safer and closer to shopping, grocery stores. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 10:55 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,005,586 times
In terms of shopping, I’d probbly go with Bartram Park. Right over the co7nty line ( in St Johns) is the future Durbin Park project. This project will be built in three phases, the first phase being constructed right now which will include a Home Depot , some other chain stores, a Chase bank, and unfortunately, a Wal Mart.

Bartram Park is priced less because it is in Duval county so that’s why your property taxes will be lower then in St. John’s. IMHO You probably want to be further from 95. I’ve. Oticed that the developments closer to I-95 get hit harder with property crimes, I’ll. Let you figure out why. But As for crime in each of these areas, no matter where you live , possibly get a security camera system, don’t keep your car doors unlocked at night, and be aware of your surroundings,

Old 07-06-2018, 08:44 AM

23 posts, read 31,497 times
I live in the Bartram park area now. All the construction for the big shopping area will likely continue for years so keep that in mind. Access to 95 is relatively fast but the office rush is relentless. Takes me an hour to get downtown in the afternoons. Can’t predict home prices.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:36 AM

661 posts, read 866,916 times
you can't much in Nocatee for 325K. I have seen a couple townhomes and a couple 3BR. I have been keeping an eye out for a friend and choices have been limited.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 PM

110 posts, read 146,377 times
Since both areas offer Duval county homes, let's compare apples to apples. If you want to get the biggest bang for your buck in Nocatee look at Brookwood, Cypress Trails and Timberland Ridge. These Nocatee neighborhoods are in Duval.

Once you look at those areas, I would say "where do you commute to" each day? Because another nice area that is not right near either of these is Hampton Park off Baymeadows and 295. Great community with smaller homes in the low $300s. There are a few neighborhoods closer to Mayo that can be considered as well and more near Southside that are nice communities. I see so many people flooding Nocatee, Bartram, the 210 corridor, that many of these other areas are being over looked for new homes, but if you want a nice lot, I would look at some of the older areas as the homes often have bigger yards. Of course you may have to update inside, but you cant change the yard it comes with and you can change a kitchen.

If by chance you did not realize that these areas (Bartram and Nocatee) are not all St. Johns, and you want St Johns, look into smaller homes in Julington Creek, new small homes of 210 and even a few neighborhoods off Roberts and Greenbrier out west toward the river - these are SJC schools. I know that many get confused because Bartram Trail HS is St. Johns, but Bartram Park the neighborhood is Duval and that are not that far apart for someone coming from out of town. Message or reply if this confused you at all. ;-)

Old 07-12-2018, 05:21 PM

35 posts, read 56,816 times
I commute to West Jax about 5 mins from Downtown. Baymeadows would be closer. I will give some of those homes around Baymeadows a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville