Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I was hoping someone in the area could give me a hand with this, please?

I'll be heading south to visit my parents and would like to take them out to a Japanese hibachi style steak house during my visit.

Can anyone recommend a good one (which might also have a decent sushi bar) that is handicapped accessible in the St Augustine Beach area? I don't mind doing a bit of driving, if there's one that's very good but not in the immediate area.

If you know of any place, I would be truly grateful for any recommendations, suggestions (or spots to avoid. ) Also if you can give me some idea as to prices -- anything is helpful.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 07:11 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
There is a Japanese Steakhouse in the Cobblestone Village shopping center off of US 1 and 312 called Yamato. From the beaches just go over the 312 bridge and cross over US1. It is only a few years old and my husband and I really enjoyed it. Very nice decor and the food and service were really good. There are a few others in town, but I think Yamato is the best.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
There is a Japanese Steakhouse in the Cobblestone Village shopping center off of US 1 and 312 called Yamato. From the beaches just go over the 312 bridge and cross over US1. It is only a few years old and my husband and I really enjoyed it. Very nice decor and the food and service were really good. There are a few others in town, but I think Yamato is the best.
Arigato gozaimasu!

Thank you!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:05 PM

The food at Yamato was very good; the sushi bar list (specifically the hand rolls) was not as substantial as I am used to where I live (large Asian population) but the rolls we did order were fresh, delicious and lovely in presentation.

It was a wee bit odd to have a blond, blue-eyed server (who speaks German as a 2nd language) as once again, this Yankee's neighborhood hibachi is serviced by an entirely Japanese staff. He was wonderful and so helpful and worth every bit of his tip and then some, so we'll forgive him his ethnic shortcomings.

The hibachi chef was very entertaining and pulled a few new tricks while cooking, all to the delight of my guests. He perfectly grilled the food and the portions were huge! We boxed plenty of leftovers.

The restaurant interior has sort of an austere feeling; there is Asian-inspired decor, but it is rather sparse. It's sort of industrial: dark and cold in appearance. There are a lot of hibachi tables and all are at a standard table height. Wheelchair users can join their friends at the hibachi, something that can't be done at my local hibachi. Kudos to Yamato for the handicapped accessibility!

Thanks again for the recommendation

Old 04-26-2008, 07:51 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I liked your description With a very small Asian population in St. Augustine, I think they do a more than decent job. Now if I can just find a good Korean restaurant I'll be all set. Anyone know of any?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I liked your description With a very small Asian population in St. Augustine, I think they do a more than decent job. Now if I can just find a good Korean restaurant I'll be all set. Anyone know of any?
Koja Sushi and Sam Won Garden

Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM

Thank you! I'll give them a try.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
Koja Sushi and Sam Won Garden
I've never been to Koja, but I second Sam Won, they have a great reputation and have been around a long time (they're on University Blvd just east of I95).

Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I've never been to Koja, but I second Sam Won, they have a great reputation and have been around a long time (they're on University Blvd just east of I95).
Koja's got limited selection of Korean dishes but it's done right. But I'd prefer Sam Won over it for a broader selection of traditional dishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville