Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 03:01 AM

301 posts, read 1,543,123 times

Advertisements

Being I live in Middleburg and don't notice things.We made a trip to Home Depot and Walmart this evening.The first thing I saw was many of the palms they planted when they built the store are dieing or allready dead.Looks like lack of watering.Went in to the garden center,I have never seen so many brown,dieing,wilted plants ever.No signs of any watering going on.At both stores.Walmart had 4 shopping carts full of plants going into the dumpster.Used the RR in Walmart noticed very low water pressure when washing hands.I'm I being off here or is things that bad out there at these stores that they have cut back on water usage to save $$.Or another reason.Its a shame to see plants and trees go to waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 AM

75 posts, read 203,519 times
Where was this wal-mart you went to? We are getting into trouble with our water supply and it's a shame since we have so much of it all around us. I've worked at sea all my life and we had desalination plants that worked just fine for all our needs! If the plants could be saved did you get them for free?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 AM

77 posts, read 320,589 times
The WalMart is at the corner of Branan Field Rd and Blanding Blvd in Clay County. I have also noticed the same, since I have been looking at some plants to spruce up my yard.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 PM

I did ask about the plants being thrown away.And was told NO.I'll try again.Even both stores own land scaping is dring up and dieing.I counted 10 palms at home depot.And if water supply is the issue why is the county letting a Lowes be built,just to the east of Home Depot.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 PM

859 posts, read 3,607,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970pelle View Post
I did ask about the plants being thrown away.And was told NO.I'll try again.Even both stores own land scaping is dring up and dieing.I counted 10 palms at home depot.And if water supply is the issue why is the county letting a Lowes be built,just to the east of Home Depot.
They're building a Lowes across the street from that Chaffee rd Home Depot?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,359,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970pelle View Post
Being I live in Middleburg and don't notice things.We made a trip to Home Depot and Walmart this evening.The first thing I saw was many of the palms they planted when they built the store are dieing or allready dead.Looks like lack of watering.Went in to the garden center,I have never seen so many brown,dieing,wilted plants ever.No signs of any watering going on.At both stores.Walmart had 4 shopping carts full of plants going into the dumpster.Used the RR in Walmart noticed very low water pressure when washing hands.I'm I being off here or is things that bad out there at these stores that they have cut back on water usage to save $$.Or another reason.Its a shame to see plants and trees go to waste.
I thought it just sounded like a mismanagement issue, but the low water pressure you noticed is strange.

It really is a shame those plants will go to waste .

Old 04-12-2008, 09:22 AM

77 posts, read 320,589 times
I worked at that WM for a year, starting before its opening. They are just cheap on water usage, amongst everything else.

I too am wondering what else is going in on Branan & Chaffee. Lowe's? Where did you hear this?

Old 04-12-2008, 05:52 PM

There a hugh sign posted in the empty field.Says Lowes on it.Just before the big Baptist Church heading toward OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville