Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2006, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,576 times

Advertisements

I moved to jacksonville after returning to the USA in 1979. Not by my choice. I was stationed here after joining the coast guard. My father was a diplomat and I had lived all around the world in many countries. It was good to be back in the good old USA, the country I had bragged about and was so proud of when living over there. After a four year tour of duty in the Coast guard I was honorably discharged. My father decided to move here to be near me and soon after both of my sisters came here too. I then sought gainful employment as a civilian here. I worked for several small businesses in Jacksonville. I did a very good job at making my employers a lot of money and never seemed to reap any of the fruits of my labor. In fact I found out much later that these reputable employers were breaking federal laws in order to get away with paying me less. Not too cool. I have delt with the general public in Jacksonville for many years and in my experience, that is after living with many different people around the world, I have found very little difference between the people in the third world countries I've lived in and that of the people who make up Jacksonville's general public. I have finally been able to make a good living working for a big company that is nationwide. At the begining of next year I will be able to move to a more favorable location of my choice (out of jacksonville). The native people here are some of the most greedy, power hungry, self centered, shiesters I have been with throughout all my travels around the world. I will be so happy to shake off the dust from this part of the country. They say you get sand in your shoes and end up staying here....It is more like quicksand, in my opinion, and you get stuck here. So in conclusion if you plan to move here by choice I recommend a good job with a large company, a gated community or a big fence.

Last edited by still here; 12-24-2006 at 08:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 08:25 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,655,552 times
The same can be said about most places in the US and frankly the people I know and have lived around in 4th world countries could be trusted more, are harder working and better people....in general. The average American has become nothing more than an over-extended , morally bankrupt human who insists on making trouble around the world.

From the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave to a pathetic group who at this point goes hat in hand begging even the communists in China to finance their heavy handedness around the globe and shopping sprees at Wal Mart.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,576 times
I would never compare the rest of this great country with the likes of the slugs that reside here and there is no better country on this planet. furthermore average Americans are made up of all the people around the world. Long live the USA. It is a defeatist's attitude to sugest that the bad behavior of some would justify the bad behavior of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville