Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2006, 01:50 AM

13 posts, read 53,954 times

Advertisements

Hi.
Can someone give me some ballpark commute times to Baptist Medical from these areas?

3 miles from beaches between Atlantic and Beach?
Mandarin?
Orange Park near Kingsley?

Expecting to work 8am-6pm
I have read all the posts but I still would like some ideas.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 08:35 AM

272 posts, read 1,001,290 times
Are you talking about BMC downtown?

Old 12-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Yes, BMC downtown. Sorry bout that.
Thanks.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Your best bet would be Mandarin....you could leave at 7:20, and be in the building at 8am (including 5 min walk from the garage).
This is from 'central' Mandarin (near St. Augustine Rd and San Jose).
If you leave further south, add some time...

I work downtown and have made that trek in 40 minutes up San Jose.

The beaches area is pretty crowded coming up either Atlantic Beach or JTB. I have people who work for me and leave their house around 7-7:10 am and still have some problems getting here by 8 (They live off of Kernan, near Atlantic).

Not sure specifically about OP near Kinsgley, but that area is ALWAYS crowded.

Are you moving to town? Why not check out the San Marco/San Jose/Mirimar area just south of downtown, or Riverside/Avondale just east of downtown?

I live in R/A and I am home in 20 minutes (which includes a ride down the elevator and a walk to the parking garage).

Old 12-27-2006, 12:26 PM

Another note....
After work, I have to ride to Mandarin from downtown 2 days a week.
If I leave the parking garage at 5:15, I am usually to San Jose/I-295 by 5:45.

On Fridays, you can add about 10 minutes on to that trip.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the great info.
So even though Mandarin is farther away it would take the same or less time, correct? I guess thats what I didnt understand reading the other topics.

Yes, Im moving and looking to rent a home before we purchase. Id like to rent where we may possibly buy. Schools will dictate where we live.
I can certainly appreciate the Avondale area but the public schools dont look so great.

We would be just fine in Orange Park but I guess with all the traffic we may never get to downtown on time. Anyone here from OP want to chime in?
Thanks.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:44 PM
jmc

101 posts, read 862,844 times
Hi Grego,
You may want to consider renting/buying in Julington Creek, south of Duval County and east of the river. Nice houses, close enough to malls and the beach, and maybe most importantly since you have children, located in the St. Johns County School District...I think I read they were in the top 14% of the nation. We did some research, too, and are moving to that area, since we are moving to Jax soon due to my husband's job transfer. We decided we didn't want to live in Duval County. Even though you can find some good elementary schools there, overall I wasn't impressed with the high schools. Plus, I'm a teacher and may look into getting a job out there and would prefer to work in St. Johns. I don't live there quite yet, so obviously the locals and natives would have more authority to give advice on everything. I'm not crazy about Orange Park, though, just from visiting. Best of luck to you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville