Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 04:01 PM

25 posts, read 44,148 times

Advertisements

We had a fantastic week. Having 3 children, one a baby, our plans did change somewhat, especially our dining.

We did make it to The Floridian for lunch. We started with the Chips and Dips and really liked the black bean poblano dip. My wife had the Cornbread Stack and I had the braised brisket tacos.

Everything else went out the window and we ended up eating at Salt Life four times as it was close and casual. I'm sure it's likely regarded as a tourist trap but my son ordered the crab boil each time and it's his new all-time favorite meal. The fish tacos are decent and we enjoyed the shrimp and chorizo nachos more than we expected.

Thank you again for the recommendations as we will save them for our next weekend trip and this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 09:50 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,192,672 times
Glad you had a great time. We also eat at Salt Life when we visit St. Augustine. Nice entertainment on the patio, we can even bring the dog and a menu with enough options for seafood (or not) for everyone.

My main complaint about the place is that sometimes service was slow. But we always enjoyed our meals there.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Glad you had a great time. We also eat at Salt Life when we visit St. Augustine. Nice entertainment on the patio, we can even bring the dog and a menu with enough options for seafood (or not) for everyone.

My main complaint about the place is that sometimes service was slow. But we always enjoyed our meals there.
Thank you, we really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to permanent residency. For us, Anastasia Island keeps us close to the things we enjoy the most. I completely agree regarding Salt Life. Only once did our service suffer which is likely not bad as we were within the Spring Break window of time.

The weather was great for dining upstairs and on my one take out order it was nice to get there early to have a drink at the bar. Family life only allows for quick getaways like that.

We also had several stop overs at Cone Heads ice cream, in person and the drive thru. Not as cheap as I remember but what is nowadays?

Old 04-04-2021, 05:49 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,150,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
If you're not in the mood for fancy/expensive food, I'd highly recommend Gas Full Service Restaurant in St Augustine. Best burger in town, hands down and the onion rings are equally good.
This place is no joke. Took my family there this past Friday and we all agreed it’s the best burger we’ve had in quite sometime.

Ordered the Black & Blue Bacon Burger but unfortunately they ran out of bacon so I substituted with sautéed mushrooms: Blackened burger, topped with a crumbled blue cheese patty, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion

Highly recommend

Old 04-04-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
This place is no joke. Took my family there this past Friday and we all agreed it’s the best burger we’ve had in quite sometime.

Ordered the Black & Blue Bacon Burger but unfortunately they ran out of bacon so I substituted with sautéed mushrooms: Blackened burger, topped with a crumbled blue cheese patty, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion

Highly recommend
I saw it when we passed by going in and out of the city. I won't miss out next time.

Side note, any recommended breakfast or brunch places?

Old 04-05-2021, 06:50 AM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post

Highly recommend
Glad you enjoyed it. Did you happen to try their onion rings? I ate so many before my burger I almost made myself sick, lol.

I wish they'd open up another restaurant elsewhere. That's my only "beef" with them is they are pretty far away from us so we have to actually be in St Augustine to visit them.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:59 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,150,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it. Did you happen to try their onion rings? I ate so many before my burger I almost made myself sick, lol.
I was so focused on getting that burger order in lol that I totally forgot about you mentioning it. Will definitely try next time. Table next to us was raving about the wings. That's also on my list. Love the fact that it's more of a local joint.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:58 AM

73 posts, read 80,652 times
We had a great time going to Columbia with a large group during our last visit. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was delicious. I love all the historical pictures of the original owners family and the interior is an enclosed atrium.

Old 04-09-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterly View Post
We had a great time going to Columbia with a large group during our last visit. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was delicious. I love all the historical pictures of the original owners family and the interior is an enclosed atrium.
Excellent, thank you. We will try it out just for the ambience!

Side note, I am an East Coaster as well. Manhattan to Miami and in 8 weeks to Anastasia Island. I hope everything works out in the manner you wish. I don't think you can go wrong with PVB or SJC for family and living.

Old 04-09-2021, 11:40 AM

73 posts, read 80,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familybeachlife View Post
Excellent, thank you. We will try it out just for the ambience!

Side note, I am an East Coaster as well. Manhattan to Miami and in 8 weeks to Anastasia Island. I hope everything works out in the manner you wish. I don't think you can go wrong with PVB or SJC for family and living.
Thank you for telling me this. We have been debating this for years now and from time to time I have fears and concerns. I think our day to day life there will be wonderful but there will definitely be a period of adjustment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville