Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 04:47 AM

2 posts, read 4,889 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

My wife and I are considering moving down south to the St Augustine / St John’s area of Florida. We have two small boys, one 2.5 and one 1.5. I will need to get a full time job with benefits and I’ve read that the job market is quite good in the area within 20/30 minutes. We looked at homes in nocatee and shearwater, other than the amazing amenities are there other advantages to living within those areas or is living outside of the planned communities just as good? Our biggest concern other then a job with benefits is the school systems for our kids.
Any help or facts and tips would be amazing and helpful. Thank you all so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 06:29 AM

367 posts, read 303,662 times
St Johns County schools are the best in Florida.

I know 4 people with children that live in SJC. They’ve lived in other places around the USA and have said that SJC is the absolute best for families. So many year round activities. We’re moving into Silverleaf next summer.

I don’t know what else you need to know other than that.

Don’t bring blue votes to Florida. Thanks.

Private message me if you need a real estate agent.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:17 AM

9,377 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post

Don’t bring blue votes to Florida. Thanks.

Private message me if you need a real estate agent.
So you'll take their money but not their votes....got it.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:05 AM

13 posts, read 19,903 times
We are in the same boat, coming to SJC from NYC (not bringing the blue votes, I promise). We figured a community is better just because we don't know anyone. The houses not in communities seem few and far between. We liked Palencia a lot.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:53 AM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
yes ...and only 1 out of every 4 of your neighbors would disagree.

Old 10-12-2021, 10:15 AM

I remember the good ol' days when we actually didn't know or care what political views our neighbors had. How sad that some people focus on this. What a terrible way to go through life.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:51 AM

13 posts, read 19,903 times
I wish it was that way again. Still don't care as long as it doesn't impact us. When it's impacting our kid's everyday life then we start to care.

During our visit to St. John's it seemed like it was very live and let live.

Old 10-12-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashanytofl View Post
I wish it was that way again. Still don't care as long as it doesn't impact us. When it's impacting our kid's everyday life then we start to care.

During our visit to St. John's it seemed like it was very live and let live.
I guess if you don't frequent social media you won't notice it as much.

Having said that, just last weekend I saw some nut job in his souped up F250 driving around with his MAGA flag flying high so there is still that.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
No. I’m not a real estate agent. But I can refer to a good one.

Bring red votes to Florida.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I guess if you don't frequent social media you won't notice it as much.

Having said that, just last weekend I saw some nut job in his souped up F250 driving around with his MAGA flag flying high so there is still that.
Here’s some of the ways people, including little kids, noticed blue votes since March 2020 in blue governor states without frequenting social media:

No school in person until late winter 2021.

School only a couple of days a week from late winter 2021 until mid-spring 2021.

Have to wear a mask to school since return to in person.

Age 12-18 and in school in California? Fuhrer Newsom is forcing you to get a vaccine for a virus that is less dangerous to those under age 25 than them riding in a car.

Age 5-11 and in school in California? Fuhrer Newsom is going to force you to get a vaccine for a virus that is less dangerous to those under age 25 than them riding in a car.

School playgrounds and parks closed until fall 2020.

Sand being dumped in their public skate parks by control crazy blue politicians in California.

No kids organized sports for a year.

Have to wear a mask for outdoors sports 1st half of 2021 or your team is banned from competing (in things like Little League baseball).

Have to wear a mask for indoors activities, like gymnastics, basketball, bowling, etc, to this day.

Have to wear masks outside at things like track meets, except when running.

Parents currently in the process of losing their jobs because of unneeded vaccine mandates.

Businesses close because of blue governor actions.

Social isolation, depression and suicide due to control freak blue politicians hyping up the fear factor over COVID-19.

Restaurants closed for most of 2020.

Have to wear masks at a restaurant when going to your table or the restroom, but not while eating. Because the virus can’t circulate from a person when they’re eating.

I’m sure there’s more.

Last edited by zerp; 10-12-2021 at 07:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville